Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pink Review Mentions Adam

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Pink Review Mentions Adam Empty
PostSubject: Pink Review Mentions Adam   Pink Review Mentions Adam Empty21.09.09 3:26

Quote :
Please forgive the name-dropping –- I wouldn’t mention it if he hadn’t made his presence so obvious –- but it was fitting that Adam Lambert sat directly in front of me Friday night to see Pink wow a capacity crowd at Staples Center.

After all, the eye-grabbing sensation Ms. Moore finally brought home after hugely successful tours of Europe and Australia is precisely the sort of gender-bending extravaganza to which the American Idol star aspires. His nationwide splash was such a cannonball that he has no choice but to return with over-the-top excitement, wild grandeur, plenty of daring –- all the elements that make Pink’s current Funhouse fantasia so marvelous.

So it was heartening that Friday night, when he wasn’t nuzzling up to and making out with his boyfriend, an obviously impressed Lambert -– who was often the first in my section to leap up and cheer –- got schooled in the ways of the Big Show, just as Pink has clearly learned her tricks by studying Madonna and Janet Jackson over the years.

http://m.ocregister.com/ocregister/db_13121/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=83FD53C526490417F7E949A6081478B3?contentguid=Vidsestt&storycount=26&detailindex=0&pn=&ps=&full=true#display
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Pink Review Mentions Adam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Review Mentions Adam   Pink Review Mentions Adam Empty22.09.09 1:00

Here's another mention of Adam in the same review:
Quote :
She’s an up-from-the-streets, down-to-earth diva, larger-than-life yet completely relatable. And the fact that she pulled off this masterful performance –- only her third U.S. show this tour –- just four days after separating her shoulder made it even more jaw-dropping.

No way would that injury stop her: “I waited my whole life for tonight … the more love I get, the less pain I feel.” All it meant in terms of altering her routine is that she stayed on the ground for “Sober” and “Get the Party Started,” her supporting players doing the acrobatics for her. And still she concluded by wrapping herself in ropes and cloth to be lifted high overhead, then dipped low into a pool of water, so she could spin beads of it off her body and onto the crowd.

Adam Lambert, by the way, lost his mind a little watching that, just as he did during the opening a cappella notes of “Bohemian Rhapsody,” just as he did when she nailed the wailing bits in the Zep cover. I sure hope he was taking mental notes. He’s got a long way to go to measure up to P!nk’s pitch-perfect performance here. Finally, she deserves that exclamation point in her name.
Back to top Go down

Pink Review Mentions Adam
Page 1 of 1