Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not So Glamorous Life Of An Idol Star On Tour

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Not So Glamorous Life Of An Idol Star On Tour Empty
PostSubject: Not So Glamorous Life Of An Idol Star On Tour   Not So Glamorous Life Of An Idol Star On Tour Empty14.08.09 16:44

I'm not too sure how this article came about as it's dated the 10th August -- anyway, it's here. make of it what you will.

From the Toronto Star

Quote :
About halfway through a demanding 52-date North American tour with the other top-10 American Idol finalists, runner-up Adam Lambert exudes a kind of golly-gee lucky-me attitude.

It isn't easy. Travelling mostly by bus – actually three buses, one for the guys, one for the gals and one for the band – the 27-year-old Californian admits the hit-and-run touring schedule is taking its toll.

"It is a bit tiring but it's definitely worth it. Any time I feel a little bit tired when I get onto the stage for my set, I'm immediately charged up by the audiences," Lambert said.

"The audiences have been so positive and passionate about what we do and they definitely make you forget about being tired when you get out there," he added.

Back when Lambert toured back in 2005 with the first North American tour of the Broadway hit Wicked, he got to spent extended periods of time in each city.

This tour, which hits Hamilton on Friday is, well, "different," he said.

"There's 11 of us on one bus and the bus is not that large so it's definitely close quarters. It's a good thing that we all get along as well as we do," Lambert said.

"It's a lot of work but ... we're all goofy together, we make each other laugh. The food is not great, I'll be honest with you ... but you live with it."

Down time is virtually non-existent, though Lambert got to spend four hours recently in the tony Washington, D.C. suburb of Georgetown, wearing dark glasses and a trucker hat to retain his anonymity.

But the mascara-wearing, flamboyant, "out" star of Season 8, is looking to a future of touring as a performer and this one, as gruelling as it is, amounts to good practice.

"This is the first time I've gone from city to city, like, daily. So it's definitely learning experience and it's a kind of initiation for all of us for the rest of our careers, I think," Lambert said.

In addition to the touring, there's also requests for interviews for the guy who became a unwitting poster boy for gay empowerment, which included a June cover story in Rolling Stone magazine.

"I'm trying to be a singer, not a civil-rights leader," Lambert told the magazine.

But the tour has been a positive experience, he noted.

"I've met a lot of fans both before and after the show, people that you wouldn't suspect would be open to that (being gay). I think it's really cool," Lambert said.

"I'm not consciously trying to change people's moral opinions on anything. I really am trying to focus on the music. And if as an indirect result, (people) are more open to different types of lifestyles, then that's awesome, I'm thrilled about that. But that's not my goal."

A handful of members of the infamously virulent and anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas picketed a show in San Jose, Calif., but it was barely noticed, Lambert said.

Lambert also takes an opportunity to bid adieu to Idol judge Paula Abdul, who recently announced she's not returning for Season 9 – "she will be greatly missed by the audience," said Lambert, who considers her a friend, and to squelch a rumour started by Billboard magazine that he's about to become the new front man for iconic British rock band Queen.

"That's false. That's been a big old rumour that the media kind of perpetuated," Lambert said.

Lambert performed with Queen veterans Brian May and Roger Taylor during the Idol finale on May 20 and they both expressed an interest in a working together in the future.

"They (May and Taylor) basically said, 'Hey, you know, we should collaborate sometime.' That was really the extent of it and then the media turned that into 'Oh, he's been asked to be the new lead singer (of Queen)'," Lambert said, with a laugh.

Like Season 8 winner Kris Allen, Lambert is in fact on a project of his own, an as-yet untitled album set for release in November.

When the Idol tour ends on Sept. 15, he's got about four weeks to "really hit it hard and finish it all up."

While the Idol tour won't be coming to Toronto, Lambert has nothing but praise for the city where he spent two months in late 2005 and early 2006 as part of the cast of Wicked – understudying the role of Prince Fieryo.

"I like the community up there, it's really like liberal and open and people just kind of let each other do their thing. I like that attitude," Lambert said.

"I love the way that the society functions up there. I think it's like a role model."

http://www.thestar.com/article/678961
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Not So Glamorous Life Of An Idol Star On Tour
Page 1 of 1