Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lambert On Life After Idol

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Lambert On Life After Idol Empty
PostSubject: Lambert On Life After Idol   Lambert On Life After Idol Empty17.06.10 14:49

Quote :
Adam Lambert has courted controversy on "American Idol" and "The American Music Awards." But, in a teleconference earlier this month before he started his first solo headlining tour, he downplayed all the chatter about his runner-up status on "Idol" and his I-kissed-a-boy TV performance.

On his live TV kiss: "That was kind of an artistic experiment, and I learned a lot from it. I learned kind of what my limitations are. I learned what my audience wants to see. But I feel like if anybody felt that that was not tasteful, this (concert) is tasteful."

On his concert: "The show is visually inspired by a blend of turn-of-the-century New Orleans meets psychedelic classic rock. I had a lot of fun with the projectionist and my costume designer. We're working with a fashion line called Skin Graft Designs; I have worn a lot of their pieces in the past on 'Idol' and since then.

"There is definitely a really strong message of love. ... In the beginning, it's more about seduction and venturing into the unknown and taking chances and mystery and intrigue and sexiness. The midpoint of the show really explores heartbreak and vulnerability and honesty. And then the latter half of the show is celebration, joy and love and connection."

On missing this year's "Idol" finale: "It was just a little bit of a miscommunication, but there was no drama or hard feelings. I wasn't invited (to perform). There was a group number, a tribute to Simon (Cowell) that apparently, I found out after the fact, came together very, very last minute. They invited me to sit in the audience and watch, and, unfortunately, I was so busy with rehearsals for the tour."

On whether America got it wrong last year: "I don't think anybody is wrong. I think 'American Idol' happened a year ago for both (winner Kris Allen) and I, and we're finding what works best for us."

On fans who dress up like him: "It's always flattering and sometimes even a little strange. I'm just doing the same thing that I have always done, just on a grander scale. So sometimes I have to kind of pinch myself and I'm like 'I can't believe this. This is insane.' Who would have imagined two years ago that this would be my life? But I'm very thankful to the universe for this opportunity and for all the people who are liking what I'm doing."

http://www.freep.com/article/20100617/ENT04/6170323/1322/Lambert-on-life-after-Idol
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Lambert On Life After Idol
Page 1 of 1