Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Marilyn Dennis Show : 29 : 5 : 2012

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

The Marilyn Dennis Show : 29 : 5 : 2012 Empty
PostSubject: The Marilyn Dennis Show : 29 : 5 : 2012   The Marilyn Dennis Show : 29 : 5 : 2012 Empty05.06.12 23:51

The Marilyn Dennis Show : 29 : 5 : 2012 Captur23

From The Marilyn Denis Website

Quote :
Glam superstar and former runner-up of CTV’s “American Idol,” Adam Lambert, sat down with Marilyn Denis to discuss his new number one album. After a year and a half of working on “Trespassing” he can finally say, “I feel good. I feel accomplished. I feel like my fans got what they deserve.”

Even his family members are proud. “I think my father was like, ‘Thank god I don’t have to worry about your financial situation anymore,’” Lambert jokes.

Many artists find it hard to match the success of their first album. For Lambert, a second album meant being the executive producer, writing most of the songs, and collaborating with musicians such as Pharrell Williams and Bruno Mars. ”I obsessed like crazy over it.” But all this work was really for the fans, “I worked really hard for them,” he says.

The album almost has two sides to it. “The first half is living your life like you want to be. Being who you want to be. Being proud of yourself, being different, marching forward, not letting anyone stand in your way.” The second part is what lies beneath that confidence. “We all have faults, and what I wanted the album to reveal is behind all that peacocking, swag and pride, I’m just like everybody else. “

He admits he has a laundry list of insecurities and that he has had to deal with overcoming obstacles and challenges. Not only is his album number one, but he is also the first openly gay artist to debut at number one. “It’s a cool milestone. I think what it proves is that music doesn’t have an orientation.”

He wants people to view this as an example of moving past the stereotyping. “I was really lucky to get on Idol and to have such a beautiful experience on the show, and after the show it’s a whole other set of challenges. Making it onto the real music industry out of a competition show is a big jump.” He reveals that he still keeps in touch with some of the Idol cast. To him American Idol is almost like high school where everyone goes on their own path, “I want to do a big reunion one of these days with them.”

Through the seasons of “American Idol” many of the runners-up have become bigger stars then the winners. When asked about this Lambert responds, “Kelly won. Carrie won. They are the two most successful ones. I think at the end of the day, it’s a case-by-case thing. “ For him success is based on what the competitors do with their newfound fame after the show.

He certainly seems to be handling his success well. This summer he will perform with Queen across Europe.

ALSO COVERED BY

Just Jared

The Marilyn Dennis Show : 29 : 5 : 2012 1
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

The Marilyn Dennis Show : 29 : 5 : 2012
Page 1 of 1