Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me? - Single review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me? - Single review Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me? - Single review   Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me? - Single review Empty11.06.10 23:58

Quote :
The inventor of 'guyliner', the highly camp and highly cool Adam Lambert is preparing to launch his second single to the UK, Whataya Want From Me?

Originally a Pink album track (I think), Lambert grabbed the track and gave it his own unique spin. I've been high on the song since I heard it on American Idol a month or so ago. Admittedly, it was Ryan Seacrest's repeated squealing of the chorus that wedged the song in my head. Nevertheless, it's such a fantastic, angry song that you can't help but love it.

The standout lyric - and the part of the song I'm always waiting to hear - is where it goes all moody and Lambert croons:

It's me, I'm a freak (yeah)
but thanks for lovin' me
Cause you're doing it perfectly

Laying the Emo angst on thick and not being ashamed to do so is one of my favourite things about Lambert's take on this song. His trademark theatricality is there in spades, falsetto tones and everything. It hits all emotional heights and gives tingles. If there's any doubt that this guy might just be the most unique and entertaining American Idol contestant ever, Whataya Want From Me? should bury those doubts in a shallow grave.

The single is officially released on 19th July 2010 in the UK. You owe it to guyliner to get yourself a copy.

I've included the official video here as I usually do, but I've also added Adam's performance of the song on American Idol as well. It's too good to miss.

http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/adam-lambert-whataya-want-me-single-review
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me? - Single review
Page 1 of 1