Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ROCKING OUR WORLD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

ROCKING OUR WORLD Empty
PostSubject: ROCKING OUR WORLD   ROCKING OUR WORLD Empty08.01.10 6:35

Quote :
Adam Lambert is a modern day icon and gay icon for many Americans. His undoubted talent for ‘making songs his own’ (to coin a perhaps overused phrase by talent show judges) was given the perfect showcase on American Idol 2009 where he was pipped to the post by fellow contender, Kris Allen. With a refreshingly modern glam rock style and a penchant for eye make-up, Adam Lambert has released his first album For Your Entertainment and also given the media a new muse with his risqué performances (surely you’ve seen the infamous moment when he kissed the keyboard player and writhed around the stage at the American Music Awards). So let’s see what our new ambassador has to say…

DS: What is the meaning of the album title “For Your Entertainment”?
Adam: It was actually the title of the first single that was released. I thought it summed up what I do. It’s all in the name of entertainment, and I don’t take myself seriously. No matter what I do, it’s just for entertainment so don’t get too intense about it. Like my album cover, it’s kind of androgynous and kind of ‘glam’ and it kind of got a very polarized reaction out here. Calm down, I’m just putting on a show.

DS: Whose album are you listening to now?
Adam: I think Lady Gaga’s album is pretty amazing. I love that.

DS: Lady Gaga also contributed a song “Fever” to your new album “For Your Entertainment”? How about this collaboration?
Adam: Yeah, I really wanted to work with her; she’s just one of my favorites right now. She had an old demo… I think she said she got signed with that demo to her first label deal and then she never produced it and got it done. I think that it’s a really catchy melody; the lyrics are really fun and silly. Overall, I really enjoyed the process of recording with her. She was on the other side of that glass, just egging me on. She was constantly like, ‘Go crazier! Go higher! Go louder!”

DS: What about your friendship with Katy Perry?
Adam: As of recently we do a lot of stuff together. We were acquaintances before my stuff started happening and before her album launched actually. We just met each other a couple of times, had some mutual friends and just started hanging out. She’s a lot of fun, she has a good heart, especially in this industry, she really tries to keep her integrity and write good music. She really has her head on straight. She’s great to talk to, because this is all so new to me – she’s been someone great to talk to ‘keep your friends close, take your time and don’t get too wrapped up in it’. It was good advice.

DS: Which song pushed you the furthest vocally?
Adam: “Sure Fire Winners” is pretty vocally acrobatic. It’s crazy — but they all kind of go crazy. Artistically, I think the Linda Perry song was a departure for me because it was a little out of my obvious comfort zone — vocally, it sits in this falsetto space, and lyrically, if you really listen to it, it’s complicated. The lyrics contradict themselves, which was done on purpose — Linda and I really talked about it.

There are two different interpretations: one is that it’s about two members of a relationship, and what’s going on in their heads when they’re with each other. One partner is loving every moment and in bliss, while the other person is feeling empty and not satisfied. The other way to look at it is that it’s about one person, going back and forth about a relationship in their head. Like one day, we feel like we love this person to death, the next, what the hell. It’s emotionally complicated, which makes it special.

DS: You seem so at ease with fame. What do you attribute that to?
Adam: I think it helps that that I’ve lived in L.A. for the last eight years and I’m a little older. I’m 27, seen a lot of shit, met a lot of people. I’ve certainly been on the sidelines of paparazzi barrages, like, I’ve been out at a club with various reality show acquaintances and they get that kind of attention. So I’ve been near it, which helps me not to be thrown off by it. My M.O. is just do what you do and don’t feel like you have to make apologies for it. I’m sure there will come a point when I have to apologize for something, but not yet.

DS: The big stars go out of their way to hide the fact that they’re gay, but you’re happily out and women still throw thongs at you… what do you think you’re doing differently?
Adam: I think it’s a testament to just owning yourself, owning your stuff, and just being comfortable in your skin. It took me some time to get to that point and the timing of “Idol” was appropriate because [that’s] when I realized, you know what? I love myself and I am a good person.

DS: How much say did you have in creating your album cover?
Adam: That was pretty much my call. When we got to the point of doing the photo shoot, I just wanted to go super androgynous glam, kind of campy and outlandish. I love imagery like that — that’s why I love the Lady Gaga video. It’s just funny, because the second a guy starts doing things out of the box, people get all freaked out. But women do it all the time, so it’s an interesting double standard.

DS: What do you think about LOVE?
Adam: “I’ve only been in love twice. I have a lot of life experience, but I don’t know shit about love.”

DS: Is there anything that you plan on wearing a lot in the winter?
Adam: I love clothes! I like stuff that has any type of special effect to it like leather, stones, metal, feathers, any type of special accoutrement, any type of flashy stuff. I like flashy rock star stuff. I like shoulder pads. Let’s bring them back! They’re back for women, so let’s bring them back for men. Why not?!

Do you have a plan to visit Hong Kong?
Adam: One of the things about this album is that we really wanted it to be an international album, and I think it will be really cool to go to Hong Kong. I can’t wait to come out there.

DON’T FORGET TO COME TO DS MAGAZINE’s 7 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY AT KOLOURS ON 30TH JANUARY WHERE WE WILL BE PAYING TRIBUTE TO ADAM LAMBERT THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR – SONY MUSIC.

http://dimsum-hk.com/en/features/rocking-our-world/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

ROCKING OUR WORLD
Page 1 of 1