Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Friends Perspective

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

A Friends Perspective Empty
PostSubject: A Friends Perspective   A Friends Perspective Empty24.11.09 14:13

Alison Mayo is a very good friend of Adam....here she shows her support
Quote :

A lot of people have been asking me what I thought about Adam Lambert’s performance. Asking- please tell the truth and so here it is. I’m still thinking about it. I’ve read comments till my eyes hurt. And, I’m surprised at the people who can’t spell disgusting correctly- probably about 78%. I’m so sleepy but I can’t go to sleep.....

My initial reaction: my mouth dropped open and my nicorette almost fell out. After the performance, my husband Chris said- “This is gonna upset a lot of people and I love it.” The second the AMA credits began to roll the phone was ringing. My Mom was almost manic- “Remember when Elvis first came out and they would only show him from the waist up on TV?” ....

“No- I wasn’t born yet.” I reminded her. ....

“Well, this is like that.”....

Then my Mom started talking about “He is gonna be huge in Europe.” That statement alone made me bust out laughing. Like she is an expert on European entertainment. ....

But, when she said they are not as freaked out about their sexuality as Americans are. She is right about that. ....

I’m seeing everyone has strong opinions and ideas about the performance and I respect them all except for the idiots that are just spewing hate. A lot of people have been asking me what I thought. 140 characters on Twitter are not enough unless I just wanted to write HOLY SHIT!!! And leave it at that. But I have a lot of feelings and a world of thoughts swirling around in me.....

Last night sent my mind spinning in a thousand directions. My thoughts went something like this… I have spent 6 months waiting for tomorrow- CD release date- it has been a nervous breakdown rollercoaster ride- Oh here it goes- I’m in love with the beginning- Dramatic- I love this arrangement- I like him pulling that girl across the floor- His hair looks cool- I like his suit- oh holy shit- he just shoved that guys head into his crotch! I think that stunned me until he was pulling on that girls underwear like it was some kind of poon-tang piƱata- I still haven’t figured that part out. I liked the swinging mirror door and the piano bang at the end. I’ve watched it 20 times by now. I think the emotions of having a song on this CD made me feel like I was jumping on some kind of hysterical trampoline between- What’s the big deal- people are gonna freak out- he is so talented and this CD is so incredible- people are gonna freak their shit- what’s the big deal! And both were true. But sometimes being A.D.D. has it’s blessings and a few minutes later I was thinking about new stuff.....

Like- the response from people -perfectly points out the double standard in entertainment. Girls can get away with ANYTHING! Britney can rub a snake out of her va-ja-ja while she French kisses Madonna and it wouldn’t be talked about this much. Three weeks ago Shakira humped an amplifier on SNL- no one even blinked. Lady Gaga came out wearing what looked like twinkling antlers on her head, a band-aid dangling off her junk, bones on her feet and her ass hanging out. Not that I’m upset or shocked about it- it’s just a weird double standard. A lot of things are interesting about all this. ....

There hasn’t been a male entertainer in the mainstream this provocative in a long, long time. And even if you are one of the people who hated Adam’s performance last night these quotes about Elvis will make you stop and think instead of just react. ....

Presley was even seen as a "definite danger to the security of the United States." His actions and motions were called "a strip-tease with clothes on" or "sexual self-gratification on stage." They were compared with "masturbation or riding a microphone." Some saw the singer as a sexual pervert, and psychologists feared that teenaged girls and boys could easily be "aroused to sexual indulgence and perversion by certain types of motions and hysteria—the type that was exhibited at the Presley show."[3]....

August 1956, a Florida judge called Presley a "savage" and threatened to arrest him if he shook his body while performing in Jacksonville. The judge declared that Presley's music was undermining the youth of America. Throughout the performance (which was filmed by police), he kept still as ordered, except for wiggling a finger in mockery at the ruling.[124] (Presley recalls this incident during the '68 Comeback Special.)....

Prince wore underwear and high-heeled boots on his first tour. Michael Jackson grabbed his crotch for twenty years while he was dancing. And, Reading the quotes about Elvis above, it’s clear- everybody was all shook up. The artists who have left the biggest mark in music have always been bold and outrageous. It’s fascinating how few music critics had anything positive to say about Elvis or The Beatles. Decca records told the Beatles “guitar music is on the way out,” when they rejected them. ....

Anybody that knows me knows how wild I went over Adam. I loved waiting every week to see what he would do next on American Idol. He won me over singing “Ring of Fire” speaking of that- Johnny Cash was banned from the Opry for kicking out the footlights- making my point once again. When Adam sang that song I thought what the hell was that? I rewound the tivo over and over. It gave me a weird feeling but I liked it. You have to be willing to go for it creatively to truly do something original.....

In my opinion, Adam revived American Idol. At the same time he might have ruined it- the zenith finale with Queen and Kiss will make just about any finale in the future seem boring. We went to the AI tour this summer, they might as well have called it the “Waiting for Adam Tour” cause that is all everybody was doing. At the souvenir table I asked, “Who is selling the most t-shirts?” They said, “the guy that won” and pointed at a gray t-shirt with Adam’s face on it. The sales-girl also informed me of the fifteen boxes behind the counter fourteen of them were filled with Adam Lambert t-shirts.....

Kelly Clarkson sang her face off last night but not that many people are talking about it today. Meanwhile, Adam’s name is getting typed into cyber-space all around the globe. I think the award shows are now -shock-a-thons. The theme of awards shows this season has a medical meets metal S&M vibe. Next year, I think- a giraffe’s neck would make a killer, furry stripper pole. Some new artist could just find a fierce pair of Christian Louboutin pumps and smear Crisco all over her. That would be sllikk.....

The name of the CD is “For Your Entertainment” and Adam knows how to do that. It was a big dream of mine to write a song that Adam Lambert would sing. I’m in love with the record he and Ryan Tedder made on Sleepwalker and I am thankful to be on FYE. It took reading my name in the liner notes to really believe it. But it has been one crazy-ass day. Goodnight and thank you to everyone who sent me positive messages. Everybody that has a dream in your heart. I hope it comes true. Love, Aimee....
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

A Friends Perspective
Page 1 of 1