Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Out Interview Criticized Already!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Out Interview Criticized Already! Empty
PostSubject: Out Interview Criticized Already!   Out Interview Criticized Already! Empty16.11.09 19:24

Quote :
After his Details shoot with a naked woman and talking about his deep lady love, Adam Lambert continues to do a shitty job convincing us he has any interest in female genitalia. This time it's for homo mag Out.

Lambert is one of the annual Out 100, the best, brightest, and biggest in the gay world as chosen by the very queer magazine. While Lambert is very open about his love for the men, it's still thrilling for interviewers to hear him talk, awkwardly, about having sex with women. Check out this quote about the time he tried to go down on a woman:

"It was a little gross because I don't think she was as clean as she could've been. It wasn't the act of it that really turned me off. I don't really remember. I was 18 and I was drunk. Or maybe I was 17... The point of the matter is that I would not rule it out. The idea is intriguing.

We love that you're trying to blur the lines of sexuality, Adam, but you're not especially convincing when you say "Ew gross, it smells like fish!" in one sentence and then, "I'd still hit it," in the next. And you're doing this wearing eyeliner and a bowtie in a magazine that is about as straight as a piece of spaghetti in boiling water. Why not just be happy being a man-loving homo? There's no shame in that. Especially for Out readers who would much rather hear about what Kris Allen looks like in his boxers than about your lady lust.

Speaking of women, it seems like Out may be ending their own inappropriate love affair with women. After having two straight women on the cover for their Out 100 issue in 2006 and 2008, last year they were down to only one (Katy Perry). We have another straight lady on this year's cover, Cyndi Lauper, as well as Wanda Sykes, a real live lesbian! It's great that the two women on the cover this year aren't just some pop tarts who want to sell more records to the gays, but a long-time gay activist and one who had the strength to come out on the national stage after the Prop 8 nightmare in California.

In fact, the list seems gloriously devoid of straight girls and full of actual homosexuals. Other honorees include: director Rob Marshall, "don't ask, don't tell" activist Dan Choi, actor Neil Patrick Harris, Spanish director Pedro Almodovar, recently out Kelly McGillis, Rep. Barney Frank, the transitioning Chaz Bono, and Broadway's Arthur Laurents.

Send an email to Brian Moylan, the author of this post, at brian@gawker.com.

What will your email say?

http://gawker.com/5405847/adam-lambert-tries-to-play-it-straight-on-the-cover-of-big-gay-magazine
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Out Interview Criticized Already!
Page 1 of 1