Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Stars Added To AMAs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

More Stars Added To AMAs Empty
PostSubject: More Stars Added To AMAs   More Stars Added To AMAs Empty06.11.09 22:32

Quote :

The 37th annual American Music Awards have lined up a few more acts to take the stage at the show on November 22. Green Day, Shakira, and Mary J. Blige have joined the performers list, which includes Rihanna, Jay-Z and Adam Lambert, to name a few, for the awards show that will air live on ABC.

"We're very excited about having Green Day, Rihanna, Shakira, Mary J. Blige and Keith Urban all performing on one stage," AMAs producer Larry Klein said in a statement. "Each year, we try to have a variety of artists and sounds, and I think these performers really showcase the depth of what this show brings to its fans."

2009 American Music Award Performers

The night's other big performers include Lady Gaga, Eminem, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry, Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys and the Black Eyed Peas.

The awards show will feature an array of nominees determined by data from Nielsen SoundScan radio and retail figures, with Taylor Swift in the lead with six nominations, followed by Eminem and the late Michael Jackson at five apiece. Though Jackson had not released new material for nearly a decade at the time of his passing, his nominations are based on the strong sales of his catalog albums following his death.

Swift's nominations include Artist of the Year, Favorite Country Album (for Fearless), Favorite Female Pop or Rock Artist and Favorite Female Country Artist. MJ was also recognized in the Pop or Rock Artist of the Year category, Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist and Favorite Soul/R&B Album (for Number Ones). Em's nominations include Artist of the Year; Favorite Male Pop or Rock Artist; Favorite Male Rap/Hip-Hop Artist and Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album (for Relapse).

Other multiple-category nominees include Lady Gaga, T.I., Kings of Leon, Beyoncé and the Peas, who all have three. For the third year, winners will be determined by online voting.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1625742/20091106/green_day.jhtml
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: More Stars Added To AMAs   More Stars Added To AMAs Empty09.11.09 5:34

I changed my mind about going to NYC for the slight chance of getting tickets to GMA and/or Letterman.

So I bought a ticket for the AMAs - row A Loge!! Can't believe I'm actually going to see Adam's first post-Idol performance live!! woo hoo!

Am also trying to get a ticket for the Ellen Degeneres Show taping with Adam. No luck yet.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: More Stars Added To AMAs   More Stars Added To AMAs Empty09.11.09 16:23

FANTASTIC news Susie!!! I hope Adam recognises you.........can't wait to hear all about it when you get back Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: More Stars Added To AMAs   More Stars Added To AMAs Empty09.11.09 23:49

Glambvis wrote:
FANTASTIC news Susie!!! I hope Adam recognises you.........can't wait to hear all about it when you get back Smile
LOL! I'm sitting in the Loge! I doubt he'll even SEE me, let alone recognize me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Stars Added To AMAs   More Stars Added To AMAs Empty

Back to top Go down

More Stars Added To AMAs
Page 1 of 1