Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lambert Debuts Disco-Glam Single “For Your Entertainment”

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam Lambert Debuts Disco-Glam Single “For Your Entertainment” Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lambert Debuts Disco-Glam Single “For Your Entertainment”   Adam Lambert Debuts Disco-Glam Single “For Your Entertainment” Empty30.10.09 18:09

Quote :
Adam Lambert premiered “For Your Entertainment,” the first single from his debut album of the same name, on On Air with Ryan Seacrest this morning. A press release promises that “For Your Entertainment” will be available as a stream on the AdamOfficial Website and a download on digital music services later in the day. “Hope you’re gonna wanna blast it while you’re gettin ready for Halloween!! Then at the club!!!,” Lambert tweeted minutes before the song’s first radio spin.

“It’s dance music with a glam-rock shuffle beat, in the style of T. Rex and ‘Rock & Roll, Part 2,’ ” Lambert told Seacrest’s listeners. The Dr. Luke-produced, Claude Kelly-penned song does boast a chugging backbeat straight off of T. Rex’s The Slider Side A, with Lambert belting out a chorus of “Can you handle what I’m about to do, it’s about to get rough for you, because I’m here for your entertainment” like the love child of Lady Gaga and Bowie’s “Lady Stardust.”

“For Your Entertainment” comes just days after Lambert’s first post-Idol single “Time for Miracles,” off the soundtrack for the disaster flick 2012, was revealed. While “Miracles” fit more into the style of arena-rocking power ballad, “For Your Entertainment” is in line with the glam revival Lambert has promised on his debut LP, and the title song is definitely deserving stylistically of that extraterrestrial For Your Entertainment album cover. The “For Your Entertainment” single cover art was revealed on Just Jared, and Glambert is seemingly paying homage to Beyoncé and Rihanna with the “face enshrouded by metallic glove” aesthetic.

Think Lambert’s album cover is out of this world? Check out these alternate takes dreamed up by Rolling Stone.

Idol site MJ’s Big Blog also reports that the entire For Your Entertainment track list was revealed early onBarnes & Noble’s Website. Its revelations: “Whataya Want from Me” was co-written by Pink and “Time for Miracles” resurfaces as a bonus track. Wondering which song Lady Gaga penned specially for the Idol runner-up? Rolling Stone has learned that song title is “Fever.” Check out FYE’s 13-song track list, song lengths and writing credits from B&N below:

1 “Music Again” 3:16 – Rob Cavallo, Justin Hawkins of the Darkness
2 “For Your Entertainment” 3:35 – Claude Kelly/Dr. Luke
3 “Whataya Want from Me” 3:47 – Pink, Max Martin
4 “Strut” 3:29 – Adam Lambert, Kara DioGuardi
5 “Soaked” 4:33 – Muse
6 “Sure Fire Winners” 3:32 – Rob Cavallo
7 “A Loaded Smile” 4:04 – Adam Lambert, Linda Perry
8 “If I Had You” 3:48
9 “Fever” 3:26
10 “Sleepwalker” 4:25 – Aimee Mayo, Chris Lindsay, Ryan Tedder
11 “Aftermath” 4:26
12 “Broken Open” 5:03
13 “Time for Miracles” Bonus Track 4:43 – Rob Cavallo

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/10/30/adam-lambert-debuts-disco-glam-single-for-your-entertainment/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Adam Lambert Debuts Disco-Glam Single “For Your Entertainment”
Page 1 of 1