Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mr. Adam Lambert, you rock.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Mr. Adam Lambert, you rock. Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Adam Lambert, you rock.   Mr. Adam Lambert, you rock. Empty20.08.10 8:42

Quote :

Adam Lambert rocks.

Seriously. All hype aside, he's not just a great entertainer with perfect pitch and seemingly unlimited range, Adam rocks as a caring human being.

Take his philanthropic efforts with DonorsChoose.org. This group provides a way for you to choose the organization(s) that you'd like to help, and Adam has come up with a method to directly help classrooms across the nation. Teachers post their needs, and DonorsChoose provides the means for folks to help fulfill those specific needs. School kids benefit directly from this, and that's why I applaud Adam's efforts wholeheartedly.

According to Tim Saunders of LookToTheStars.org, "In just four weeks, 1,956 fans contributed directly to his request – with donations totaling $229,000 – providing learning resources and supplies for more than 87,775 students. Earlier this year, Adam visited a group of school kids to support the charity website."

Check out this YouTube video to hear Adam introduce the concept and to say thanks for the current success.

Adam's heart is filled with love for his fans. It shows, onstage and off, and sometimes his displays of affection go a bit beyond what you might expect.

Take Tuesday night, for example. And no, I'm not talking about the TongueDiving. I'm talking about the heartfelt way he really connects with his audience. I'm talking about the appreciation in his eyes, and the way he looks for the camera holders in the audience, then plays directly to them.

Unlike many big names (and Adam is already a big name worldwide), the man welcomes both still and video cameras at his performances. (Thanks, too, to Sony Music Entertainment for allowing this.) The story doesn't end there. Adam will fiercely protect the rights of his audience to take a piece of him home with them without having to purchase a tee shirt or even buy a CD.

Case in point: during a stop in Washington, DC of his current Glam Nation tour, Adam told a security guard, mid-show, to get out of the way and let a fan take his picture.

Another example: at his Providence performance, my camera was set up on a tripod, about 10 yards from the stage. Once Adam noticed it, he purposely played right to it every now and then. He did the same for a fan with a video camera. (You can watch that video here.)

Some might say he does these things because he wants the publicity, but I'm convinced he does it to please his fans.

During an evening's performance, Adam will sooner or later take it down a notch. He will look around the audience, drinking in the faces of his adoring fans. As he does this, he reveals himself as a man still somewhat in awe of his own popularity. His eyes shine with what can only be described as true gratitude. This is the Adam Lambert behind the glitter.

He is as real as any of us. Sure, he puts on a glitzy show, taking on various personalities and performing them well. But when the show is over, he stands before you, naked and real, and you recognize him as your brother, your neighbor, your friend.

Consider his hit song, Whadda Ya Want From Me?. When he sings it, he seems to literally be asking his audience what they want, so that he can deliver it. All he asks in return is that we "just keep coming around."

Adam Lambert, you seriously rock.

http://www.examiner.com/concert-photography-in-providence/mr-adam-lambert-you-rock

Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Mr. Adam Lambert, you rock.
Page 1 of 1