Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frontiers Fans & Being An Icon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Frontiers Fans & Being An Icon Empty
PostSubject: Frontiers Fans & Being An Icon   Frontiers Fans & Being An Icon Empty04.06.10 18:49

Quote :
As he’s about to embark on a highly-mediated national tour, his first as a solo artist, Adam Lambert agreed to sit down with Frontiers magazine and talk about anything and everything. The singer, who is usually very open about aspects pertaining to his personal life and his career plans as well, remains equally honest when speaking about his ride so far, his taste in men and what it’s like to be considered an icon in the community.

Lambert is the “voodoo child” and “pop’s gay messiah,” according to the mag, which seems to agree with Wikipedia in labeling him the first artist of his kind to launch an album on a major record label, while also succeed to break into mainstream. Adam, as far as he’s concerned, has not changed that much since he broke on the scene and literally charmed his way into the hearts of fans both in the US and abroad. He’s finally ok with who he is as a person, and this allows him to be able to express himself as an artist like he always dreamed he would, he says in the interview.

Asked about whether his coming out had any kind of impact on his career, Adam is straight to the point: of course it did, but he wants the world not to get the two (his life and his music) mixed up together. “It definitely comes with its pressure, for sure, but the thing I keep telling myself whenever the pressure starts looming is that I’ve been doing what I’ve always done, just on a larger scale now, so it’s not so bad! The opportunities that have come from American Idol are amazing. One thing I’ve always thought about the way pop music works is that half of it has to do with your talent and ability to perform, and the other half of it is getting to work with people. One of the best parts about being a finalist on American Idol was that I now have the opportunity to work with some of the best producers in the industry to really get my sound,” Adam explains.

Speaking of music, Adam also elaborates a bit on the artists that have influenced his own sound. Aside from Lady Gaga, whom he positively loves, Lambert also admits to listening to most American pop divas, like Christina Aguilera, Rihanna and Madonna. He also loves British electro-pop, like Goldfrapp, La Roux, but ambient music as well. As he sees it, his taste in pop music and musical influences don’t really fall into a single category. Hopefully, all that will translate into an extraordinary tour, fans can only hope – Adam, as far as he’s concerned, promises he’ll do his best in this direction.

“It’s really exciting. I wrote a song with Sam Sparro for my album, and the song is called ‘Voodoo.’ It wasn’t on the standard release – it was a bonus track – but I released it with my remixes that came out a couple months ago, and I got such a great response. I fell in love with the song again. Thematically, it’s about putting a love spell on someone. It’s very kitschy and has a lot of imagery that has to do with New Orleans and voodoo and the swamp and it’s kinda fun. And so I decided that I would open my tour with that song, but I also wanted to make the entire tour exist in that world, almost like a turn-of-the-century New Orleans, witchy, mystical, voodoo-type imagery,” the singer explains.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Adam-Lambert-in-Frontier-Music-Fans-and-Being-an-Icon-143865.shtml
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Frontiers Fans & Being An Icon
Page 1 of 1