Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards? Empty
PostSubject: Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards?   Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards? Empty28.01.10 19:59

Quote :
We know one thing for sure: Lady Gaga will not take the stage alone on Sunday night at the Grammys. Not that she ever does, what with her attendant army of Gollum-like backup dancers, flaming pianos and other vaguely S&M set pieces. But this time we're hearing she's actually going to perform live with another singer, something she hasn't done very much (if at all).

There's probably a good reason for that. Unlike country cutie Taylor Swift (who will also perform a duet on the program), Gaga is a force of nature whose giant bag of crazy would conceivably overwhelm anyone who dared to step into the spotlight with her. That said, we've got some suggestions for who we think she should perform with on the telecast.

Beyoncé: If for no other reason than to redeem the rinky-dink video for the "Videophone" remix. These two (in theory) know each other and have recorded two songs together ("Videophone" and Gaga's "Telephone"), so a live hook up is not out of the question.

Elton John: He loves pianos, she sets them on fire, bashes them with bottles and fills them with smoke bombs. A match made in heaven! Plus, Elton performed at the 2001 Grammys with Eminem, so he knows how to get down with the kids.

Pink: We've had dreams about the two most dynamic female performers on the planet sharing the same airspace for the past year. Who knows what they might perform, but you can guarantee it would be bananas.

Eminem/Lil Wayne: Both rappers are already going to be in the house to perform with Drake, and lord known Weezy never turns down a chance to hop on a track. Gaga's music is aching for a bit of hip-hop flavor, and either one of these guys could smash a guest verse.

And then there are the ones who aren't officially booked on the show yet, but who we'd love to see go horsehair shoulder pad to horsehair shoulder pad with Gaga.

Adam Lambert: They were both in the house at the American Music Awards (where Lambert stole Gaga’s thunder, somehow, by kissing boys and such) and a collabo would likely send their large gay audiences into cardiac arrest. Plus, they collaborated on "Fever" from his debut together, so they already have a connection.

Madonna: It's a mutual admiration society. Plus, Madge is probably one of the only musical forces who could hold her own next to Gaga's tornado of bizarre.

Kiss: Not terribly likely, though who else could match Gaga for sheer spectacle?

Gwar: See above.

Iamamiwhoami: We still don’t know who the hell this is, but what better place than the Grammys to pull back the curtain while providing what could only be a spectacle for the eyes and ears?

David Bowie: This one would never happen, but trust me, it would be spectacular. She’s said she was totally influenced by Queen and Bowie growing up, so it seems natural that she would share a stage with the ultimate performance art rock icon.

Meat Loaf: Okay, now we're just guilty of wishful thinking.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/01/28/lady-gaga-grammy-duet/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards?   Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards? Empty28.01.10 20:40

I don't understand why they didn't ask Adam to perform, but they didn't. He's not even a presenter! Wonder if he's still being blackballed.

Since she's opening the show and Adam is doing red carpet, I'm guessing there's no way he could get inside and get ready for a song at the top of the show (unfortunately).
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards?   Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards? Empty28.01.10 21:00

In an ideal world she would have two slots.....but never mind. It's very suprising he isn't appearing but I guess the powers that be thought he would take the focus away from the other stars....just wait...this time next year he'll be up there collecting Grammys. Adam got what he wanted from it this year and I hope he has fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards?   Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards? Empty29.01.10 7:28

They've announced it GaGa will be singing with Elton John.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards?   Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards? Empty29.01.10 7:31

Elton John? That's very INTERESTING considering Adam has his number on his mobile. Wonder if 'Ol Sir Elt has any tours coming up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Not the same without Adam   Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards? Empty29.01.10 12:37

I hope Adam can at least watch the performances, but I do feel that he's left out. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still being boycotted by the network execs for live events. Or maybe RCA didn't push for it. GaGa and Elton will make the show worth watching, but I can only do so while keeping an eye out for Adam in the audience. From what I've seen of the TV listings it seems like the red carpet coverage on ET is not going to be aired until the next day. This correspondence position is actually a good gig for Adam, though a performance would be awesome. With his interest in breaking into movies this will give him some visibility and an opportunity to charm the pants off everyone. He himself will probably be dressed to the teeth and looking fabulous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards?   Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Should Lady Gaga Duet With At The Grammy Awards?
Page 1 of 1