Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rolling Stone - Adam Lambert Vows to “Focus on the Music”

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Rolling Stone -  Adam Lambert Vows to “Focus on the Music” Empty
PostSubject: Rolling Stone - Adam Lambert Vows to “Focus on the Music”   Rolling Stone -  Adam Lambert Vows to “Focus on the Music” Empty01.12.09 10:47

What happened to the good old days when Journalists went around in macs smokin? Within minutes of Adams tweets showing up.........Rolling Stone came up with this!

Quote :
Adam Lambert has finally admitted he was a little rattled by the big reaction to his controversial performance at last Sunday night’s American Music Awards. In a series of tweets posted today on his official Twitter, the American Idol runner-up vowed to ditch some of his spectacle in favor of more attention on his songs. “Goin in a new direction now. Focus back on the music,” he wrote.

“Don’t worry friends: I’m still gonna be me. Always. W/o apologies. Just gonna experiment differently w how I present myself,” he added, concluding, “I’m learning” before thanking fans for their supportive notes over what was “a looong week.” He added his relatively stripped-down performance of “Whataya Want From Me” will air on Ellen DeGeneres’ show tomorrow.

Lambert’s week in the spotlight launched with a racy performance of “For Your Entertainment” at the AMAs, which featured the singer simulating oral sex with a male dancer and making out with his male keyboardist. Some of his performance was edited for the West Coast rebroadcast of the show, but backstage Lambert stood by his performance, telling Rolling Stone any cuts to his song would be “discrimination.” “My goal was not to piss people off, it was to promote freedom of expression and artistic freedom,” he said.

Of the 14 million who viewed the AMAs on ABC, only 1,500 phoned in complaints to the network, but ABC nixed Lambert’s scheduled appearance on Good Morning America, calling the singer unpredictable in a live setting. Lambert instead played two songs on CBS’ The Early Show, and submitted to an interview during which he stopped short of apologizing to anyone offended by his performance. Arguing the AMAs featured many instances of Rated R content, Lambert said, “I think it’s up to the parents to discern what their child is watching on television. Lady Gaga smashing whiskey bottles, Janet Jackson grabbing a male dancer’s crotch, Eminem talking about how Slim Shady has 17 rapes under his belt — there was a lot of very adult material on the AMAs this year and I know I wasn’t the only one.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/11/30/adam-lambert-vows-to-focus-on-the-music-after-amas-controversy/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Rolling Stone -  Adam Lambert Vows to “Focus on the Music” Empty
PostSubject: Whadaya Want From Adam?   Rolling Stone -  Adam Lambert Vows to “Focus on the Music” Empty01.12.09 13:26

I would really like to see Adam perform "For Your Entertainment" again on TV and I was hoping he would do it on Ellen. It's a great song and needs another debut without all the controversial activities. Maybe with about 75% less? He can still make it sexy without getting practically arrested. All he has to do is change expressions to be sexy! Wish I could watch "For your Entertainment", the video, on demand. Love it! It would never load up on my slow as molasses computer. But it's hot enough for a late night fantasy!
Back to top Go down

Rolling Stone - Adam Lambert Vows to “Focus on the Music”
Page 1 of 1