Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WPIX Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

WPIX Interview Empty
PostSubject: WPIX Interview   WPIX Interview Empty27.11.09 20:36

GMA' Drops Adam Lambert After Raunchy AMA Performance

Quote :
NEW YORK (WPIX) - Adam Lambert managed to keep his performance PG during Wednesday's taping of CBS' The Early Show - a far cry from his racy act during the closing number at Sunday's American Music Awards.

By Monday afternoon, ABC reportedly received more than 1,500 calls from people complaining about the provocative performance, in which the 27-year-old "American Idol" alum simulated sex acts on stage and planted a steamy kiss on his male keyboardist.

People on the west coast saw a much different version of the performance, as it was carefully edited before hitting the airwaves there.

"I respect their decision...I don't want to upset anyone," Lambert told PIX News. "That wasn't my intention. I just wanted to have a good time."

However, Lambert did acknowledge female pop stars in the past have put on risque performances and never received this much backlash.

"There's a big double standard," Lambert said during an interview Sunday. "Female pop artists have been doing things provocative like that for years, and the fact that I'm a male, and I'll be edited and discriminated against could be a problem."

Lambert was initially scheduled to perform on ABC's 'Good Morning America,' on Wednesday but officials at the network feared Lambert would put on another controversial performance. An ABC spokeswoman said on Tuesday, "Given his controversial American Music Awards performance, we were concerned about airing a similar concert so early in the morning."

Soon after ABC canceled on Lambert, CBS quickly moved in, scheduling the singer to perform on the network's "The Early Show" Wednesday.

During an interview on the show, the musician made it clear he had no intention of apologizing for his performance at the American Music Awards

"I suppose I could understand why they were upset. And honestly, it didn't cross my mind-children," he confessed. "It was almost 11, I was there in the audience full of mostly adults. Sometimes I forget, oh, there's a camera on. I come from the theater and I'm programmed to kind of look at who's in the live audience and that's kind of where I come from."

Lambert admits that while on stage he got the caught in the moment and the the crowd "got the best of him." However, he said he wouldn't change much of his performance except for one thing.

"I would sing a little better," he said. "I looked back and thought it wasn't my best vocal performance."

Lambert- who improvised much of his performance - made it clear during his next performance he'll stick to what he's expected to do.

"Those kind of came from more of an impromptu place," he said. "I think ABC was taken a little by surprise, and that wasn't my intention. I wasn't being sneaky."

Copyright ©️ 2009, WPIX-TV

Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

WPIX Interview
Page 1 of 1