Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idol: Adam Lambert Dishes On Debut Album

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Idol: Adam Lambert Dishes On Debut Album Empty
PostSubject: Idol: Adam Lambert Dishes On Debut Album   Idol: Adam Lambert Dishes On Debut Album Empty19.10.09 15:18

Quote :

Given the many different personalities we saw of Adam Lambert on last season’s American Idol, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what sort of album to expect from him. Apparently, we’re not the only ones. Adam recently spoke to Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming album and the identity crisis he went through while recording it.

In the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly, Adam said that he has a hard time committing to just one genre of music as an artist. “I don’t like boxing myself into a genre,” he said. ”But if I had to pick one major style, the classic rock stuff is where I was most comfortable on the show. Or at least that’s what people saw me as the most.”

While working on his debut album, due out next month, Adam told the producers, “Look, I wanna do music that’s very rooted in classic rock as far as the melodies, the guitars, and the vocal energy… But then I really wanna overlay a lot of dance-y, synth-y, futuristic stuff on top of it.” Um, okay, so that still doesn’t really tell us anything.

Some of his main influences for the album included the Killers and Muse. “When I got off the ‘Idol’ tour, I had a little identity crisis,” he explained. “I was like, ‘What do I wanna do?’” Adam, who collaborated with several different musicians and writers, wrote “Strut” with Idol judge Kara DioGuardi. “It’s a Gary Glitter/ T.Rex-type empowerment lyric. You’re not gonna find love and happiness unless you let your hair down and strut your stuff,” he added.

One of his songs, written by Pink and Max, is titled “What Do You Want From Me?” “It works on a relationship level, but I also relate to the sense of talking to the public,” he said. “Like, ‘This whole thing’s a little freaked out, but please have faith in me, because I won’t disappoint you.’ ”

“I wanna rock, I want people to dance, I want people to cry, I want people to smile and laugh,” he said. “I wanna play dress-up!” he concluded.

Oh Adam, there isn’t much else to say

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/2009/10/17/american-idol-adam-lambert-dishes-on-debut-album/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Idol: Adam Lambert Dishes On Debut Album
Page 1 of 1