Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 'American' Dream

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

The 'American' Dream Empty
PostSubject: The 'American' Dream   The 'American' Dream Empty22.08.09 14:27

Quote :
Every TV you turn on, every magazine you read and everywhere you turn, everyone is talking about Adam Lambert. Before securing the runner-up spot on "American Idol," he worked the club scene, tearing up the stage with his androgynous sense of style, vocal power and a range that would make Mariah Carey jealous. He's also been a Rolling Stone coverboy - on which he came out (finally!) - and was totted as one of People Magazine's "Hottest Bachelors." Lambert, who's been recording his debut album, is currently performing on the "American Idols Live! Tour 2009," which stops at 7 p.m. Aug. 26 at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Lambert spoke with Between The Lines about handling the sudden fame, drag queens and the songs that make him cry.

After years in Los Angeles trying to "make it" you hit the big time with "American Idol." You must be on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. What is the hardest to cope with?

The hardest part has to be maintaining my friendships. I'm so busy, and I don't want my friends to think that I've forgotten them. It's also difficult because old acquaintances now want to be my new BFFs, and it's so obvious why. It's flattering, but difficult to read people's true motivation.

It seems that so many contestants on "AI" crumble under the pressure. How did you stay so focused?

The pressure is definitely intense, but I've always enjoyed feeling busy and fired up to do projects. The extra expectation helps me deliver a stronger performance. I tried not to see the show as a competition, more as an opportunity for exposure and experience. That helped keep me less intimidated.

What can we expect from you on the "American Idol Tour"?

Expect sickening wardrobe and eye makeup. I'm also closing my set with an amazing David Bowie medley that gets disco-house at the end.

Is there one song that you have heard that you connected with on such a level that you wish you had written it?

"Eclipse" by Robyn - heard it for the first time and wept. It reminds me of my ex and I. Also, "Come Home" by One Republic made me cry as well. It was written about an army wife missing her man, but to me it meant asking for love itself to come to you.

Any advice for struggling artists?

Those auditioning should find a way to set themselves a part from the crowd. Think commercially though - this is the music business. If you sing well, they are gonna be more interested in how to market you. Consider the type of artist you'd be, and bring all that to the audition. Your song choice, look and presence are just as important as your abilities as a singer.

Give us five words that would accurately describe an Adam Lambert performance.

High. Fierce. Beat. Horny. Fun.

What was the last song that you listened to that you honestly enjoyed?

"Lose You" by Peaches

You have said you would love to work with artists like Lady Gaga and Madonna. If you had to pick one artist to sing with dead or alive who would it be?

I would be honored and so intimidated to sing with the late Freddie Mercury.

Who is your favorite drag queen?

Out of fairness, I can't pick one. I love drag queens for the bravery, expression and attitude they bring to the scene.

Describe your music-making process.

I am a team player. I enjoy co-writing where a couple people sit around and throw ideas out and everyone picks the best lyrics for the song. I also make suggestions for the production of the track as well. As long as I am involved in the creation of the song, I am thrilled.

http://www.pridesource.com/article.shtml?article=36768
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

The 'American' Dream
Page 1 of 1