Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BBC : Adam Lambert : Ready to rock the UK

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

BBC : Adam Lambert : Ready to rock the UK Empty
PostSubject: BBC : Adam Lambert : Ready to rock the UK   BBC : Adam Lambert : Ready to rock the UK Empty13.06.12 10:50

BBC : Adam Lambert : Ready to rock the UK Captur23

BBC : Adam Lambert : Ready to rock the UK _6082610

By Genevieve Hassan Entertainment reporter

Quote :
Adam Lambert first came to the world's attention in 2009 when he was a runner-up on American Idol. Known for his flamboyant style and vast vocal range, the singer is beginning his assault on the UK.

Historically, contestants from American Idol have not managed to break this side of the Atlantic, with the exception being the first winner, Kelly Clarkson.

Lambert's hoping to change that with the release of his second album, Trespassing.

The record went straight to the top of the US Billboard chart when it was released last month and US media made much of Lambert being the first openly gay artist to top the chart.

"The media's more obsessed with it than most people," the singer says.

"I understand why it is a very sensitive topic - the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) community is in the middle of essentially a civil-rights movement.

"I consider it a privilege to be as visible as I am because I'm not necessarily the example of what a gay person is, but I am an example of being comfortable with it and not letting it get in the way.

"One of the great things about that milestone is now there is someone who is commercially viable that's open about [being gay]. It creates hope and proves a point to all the haters that say it's not possible, but it does seem to be a hang up for a lot of consumers."

Vocal gymnastics

The singer already has a devoted following of fans - affectionately known as Glamberts - in the UK thanks to Idol, and is hoping Trespassing will earn him more.

Lambert says the album is more mature than his first effort, the 2009 release, For Your Entertainment - even the cover artwork takes on a sophisticated style............. continue reading

BBC : Adam Lambert : Ready to rock the UK 1

Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

BBC : Adam Lambert : Ready to rock the UK
Page 1 of 1