Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idols Interviewed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Idols Interviewed Empty
PostSubject: Idols Interviewed   Idols Interviewed Empty20.07.09 19:51

Link came via Twitter.

Read the rest of the interviews here ----------> http://ow.ly/hIAp

Quote :
Adam Lambert:

Dressed in a gray T-shirt and jeans, Lambert's slimmer than he appears on TV, and his dark eyeliner and mascara seem more exotic. He's friendly, funny, informal and far more spontaneous in his answers than the others.

L.A.-based Lambert grew up in North County, so he's excited to be home, but he's also a little bummed. His father (who lives here) is out of town and won't see this concert. The whirlwind tour (which arrived in town at 2 a.m. that day) will hit the road again that night for Arizona, preventing him from visiting Pride, San Diego's gay pride weekend under way in Balboa Park. And a persistent stalker has hacked into his Twitter, e-mail and iPhone account, forcing him to change numbers three times in recent weeks and cutting off his communication with his friends and fans.

But nothing can dampen the 27-year-old glam-rocker's cheer over the tour or his fellow tourmates, who have become like family. Although all of the concert reviews so far have proclaimed Lambert the star and the rest of the singers his back-up crew, he said that's caused hardly a ripple among the group.

"They just rib me about it," he said of his glowing reviews. "The guys read them aloud and it's just a way of relieving tension. We all get along really great."

The tour is going well. Most venues are sold out, or close, and reviews (while slanted in Lambert's direction) are good. The only hiccup was in San Jose, where a half-dozen protestors picketed against Lambert with "God hates fags" signs. On this subject, Lambert just shrugs.

"I don't think God hates fags, I think God hates hate," he says. "I just wish they'd channel their energy in a more positive direction. I'm just trying to be a singer."

On the subject of his new album, he says a couple of songs are already in the can. The goal is to record as much as possible during the few off days of the tour, and then pick the dozen or so of the best tracks for an album. The first single, a pop track, will be released around September/October with the album release slated for November. Lambert says he's helping co-write all of the songs, and perhaps one track on the album will be a cover.

Among the producers he's working with are RedOne (Lady GaGa), Linda Perry (Pink, Christina Aguilera), Ryan Tedder (writer of Beyonce's "Halo") and Greg Wells (Katy Perry). He's cautious about talking about a solo tour, saying the success of the album will dictate whether a tour will happen.

Lambert is in great demand for fan "meet and greets," but he admits that it's hard juggling the demands of the fans, some of whom feel a sense of ownership over his time because they helped vote him into stardom.

"It is hard. I really appreciate the fans and I try to do as much as I can to show them that and be as open as I can in interviews, but at the end of the day I need 'me' time. I have to hold something back for myself," he said.

Speaking of not holding back in interviews, Lambert said he purposefully spilled his guts in the recent Rolling Stone cover story. After months of heated speculation over his sexuality and what other secrets he might be hiding, Lambert said he thought he'd pull open the closet (and all of the cupboards, too) so there wouldn't be any "skeletons" left for the tabloids to dredge up later. "I didn't want to always be looking over my shoulder wondering what would be printed next."

So, then, there won't be any Adam Lambert sex tapes turning up online?

"Noooooooo," he answers with a laugh. "I've never made a sex tape ... thank goodness."
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Idols Interviewed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idols Interviewed   Idols Interviewed Empty20.07.09 21:05

Those are some of the best interviews I've seen. My favorite quote from Adam:
"I don't think God hates fags, I think God hates hate," he says. "I just wish they'd channel their energy in a more positive direction. I'm just trying to be a singer."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

Idols Interviewed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idols Interviewed   Idols Interviewed Empty20.07.09 21:07

Yes it is! I'd use it in my Signature but I'm slowly running out of space lol
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

Idols Interviewed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idols Interviewed   Idols Interviewed Empty