Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adams Friend Alison Working On His Album.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adams Friend Alison Working On His Album. Empty
PostSubject: Adams Friend Alison Working On His Album.   Adams Friend Alison Working On His Album. Empty20.07.09 19:26

Quote :
In the first of what is to be a monthly feature on fresh and diverse acts in the Los Angeles music scene, Examiner.com caught up with Alisan Porter, a singer/songwriter/dancer whose raw vocals and passion for the arts allows her to perform jaw-dropping, emotional live performances and write heart-wrenchingly beautiful lyrics.

The Massachusetts-born singer has been shuffling between Los Angeles and New York for years, ever since she was discovered on Star Search at the age of five and went on to become Curly Sue in the movie of the same name. Since then, she has been keeping uber-busy with singing, teaching dance, performing on Broadway, writing songs for American Idol-phenom and long-time friend Adam Lambert, and putting together a new girl group that she describes as “Fleetwood Mac meets the Dixie Chicks without the dixie.”

Coming from a family heavily involved with the arts (her mother and grandmother are both working chorographers, her father is a singer/songwriter), Alisan says that she “pretty much left the hospital and went to the dance studio” and credits her family for being “an incredible support system and incredible role models”. The confident and refreshingly warm Alisan talked to Examiner.com about her love for singing and dancing, her close-knit musical community in Los Angeles, and the many plans for the future.

You’ve done acting and singing and dancing and musical theatre. Do you have a first love?

Porter: It’s a real toss up between singing and dancing. It’s really hard. With music, I write and I sing; and with dancing, I choreograph and I dance. So they are both things that I couldn’t live without and that definitely make me most happy and bring me the most joy. I love dancing because I can teach it and it’s really cool to be able to share your gift and watch your students mold themselves and grow.

How would you describe your style and your influences?

It’s influenced by the ‘60s and ‘70s. I call a lot from the heart: Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks. I really love organic, real music. Within the '60s and '70s, I think a lot of that organic rock pop sound was around. So I strive to bring that into the new millennium. But it has to be meaningful and it has to apply somehow to my surroundings. And it has to sound good. I’m a real harmony stickler and a real melody girl, so for me, it’s all about how the music flows.

A lot of your friends are people that you met while doing The Zodiac Show. Can you talk a little bit about this musical community and how you guys inspire and support each other?

We became a family through this show and now we are watching people rise to success, like Adam Lambert, who I’ve known for eight years. To watch one of your closest friends hit superstardom overnight is amazing. For some people, it might be really difficult to watch, because of your own talent; but we are family and when one person has success, we all feel like we’ve succeeded. I have so many friends that are so ridiculously talented. It’s intense because in LA, it can be pretty cut throat, but I’ve managed to find a group of people who really support each other, truly to the core, and will do anything for each other.

And you’re working on Adam Lambert’s album?

I have submitted a couple songs and written a couple songs with him, so it’s definitely a possibility. He’s busy and everybody wants him, he’s quite in demand at the moment, [but] I think there’s a strong possibility I could end up on something as a writer or a singer, sure, yeah (you heard it here first).

What else is next for you?

I am working on a new project that is a three-girl group. It’s all about the harmony and a little different from my solo stuff, a little lighter, a little more organic with really poignant lyrics. We are going to be doing some showcases soon. It’s an amazing project to be a part of and it’s actually been one of the greatest things I’ve ever gotten to do. So that’s next on horizon for me. I will also have a solo show pretty soon (most likely at Hotel CafĂ© in late August. Check her website for scheduled appearances). And I’m pretty sure the Zodiac Show is coming back soon too. So lots of stuff coming up.
For more info: Be sure to check out Alisan's website for free streaming music, upcoming shows, pictures, and more. Keep posted for future "Fresh LA Artist" features with other amazing acts in Los Angeles.

http://www.examiner.com/x-14406-LA-Celebrity-Examiner~y2009m7d20-Fresh-LA-Artist-Alisan-Porter-Exclusive
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Adams Friend Alison Working On His Album.
Page 1 of 1