Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stop Referring to Adam Lambert as the "Openly Gay Singer"!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Stop Referring to Adam Lambert as the "Openly Gay Singer"! Empty
PostSubject: Stop Referring to Adam Lambert as the "Openly Gay Singer"!   Stop Referring to Adam Lambert as the "Openly Gay Singer"! Empty29.03.10 7:27

Quote :
Adam Lambert is a creative innovative artist who possesses one of the most technically beautiful voices in the industry. He is well on his way to fulfilling Simon Cowell's prediction by becoming an international
superstar. Yet time and time again I read articles or hear Adam introduced by the media in a way that intends to sensationalize a part of his persona that has nothing to do with his entertainment value. Why should we have to be told over and over again that Adam is "openly gay"? Isn't that something that should be irrelevant?

Adam is courageous enough to live honestly in a world infested with small-minded people engaged in demeaning and suppressing the rights of the LGBT community. The overreaction to his AMA performance was clear evidence of that. It is my opinion that Adam's performance would have been exactly the same even if he were straight. It had nothing to do with his orientation but rather to do with his artistic expression of the music. Both genders were recipients of Adam's pelvic grinds but based on his orientation the big to do was only made about one.

How are we ever going to move forward in society if we allow the media to continue to categorize human beings? Adam doesn't define himself by his sexuality. Why should we let the media? Equality demands that not only should we be colorblind we should be orientation blind as well.

There is very little information that you can garner by merely identifying someone's sexuality. Adam has said many times that every gay man is not the same gay man. The stereotypical portrayal of the overly effeminate gay men by the media is a misconception. Would anyone suggest that the mannerisms of heterosexuals are all the same? The degree of masculinity or femininity varies amongst individuals regardless of their orientation. The belief that all gay men desire to be women or are feminine is merely a generalization that is simply not true. Those within the gay community are just as diverse as any other group. Do we look at straight society and presume that we can tell anything about a person by knowing they are straight?

Adam has perplexed the media because he is not stereotypical. He is more alpha male than he is feminine. Many gay men are alphas and that should not be surprising when we have so many who have joined the military. They are not there to play dress up in the uniform; they are shooting guns and flying jets. Alpha males gay or straight have the strength of character to live by their own terms. Adam embraces the most attractive thing a person can accomplish which is being comfortable in his own skin by owning who he is.

Adam makes no apologies, is highly intelligent, courageous and confident. Alphas believe they have a right to their opinions, they get the girl to sing the duet with them and they tell people to shut of their cell phones when their performance is being recorded. Adam is not just interested in shopping and dress up he is interested in sex. His performances are about a sexy presentation rather than about his sexual orientation. To some people that is shocking because of stereotypes formed by media conditioning.

Change in society can sometimes be moved along in small steps in incremental ways. The step I am taking is that every time I see anyone in the media refer to Adam's orientation in a way that is inconsequential to the story I will politely correct them. Does anyone want to join me?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2835490/stop_referring_to_adam_lambert_as_the.html?singlepage=true&cat=2
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Stop Referring to Adam Lambert as the "Openly Gay Singer"!
Page 1 of 1