Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Singer sells nearly 54,000 copies; talks Susan Boyle, Gene Simmons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Singer sells nearly 54,000 copies; talks Susan Boyle, Gene Simmons Empty
PostSubject: Singer sells nearly 54,000 copies; talks Susan Boyle, Gene Simmons   Singer sells nearly 54,000 copies; talks Susan Boyle, Gene Simmons Empty10.03.10 23:25

Quote :
The former American Idol finalist Adam Lambert has attained success since being catapulted to fame by the show. This week, Lambert has sold almost 54,000 copies of "Whataya Want From Me." In a new interview the singer offers insight into his Susan Boyle comment, as well as the comment that Gene Simmons has made.

According to a new report, "Kris Allen easily passes the million mark this week with Live Like You're Dying. Selling more than 57,000 downloads, it comes in at No. 22 on Nielsen SoundScan's Top Digital Tracks chart. Adam Lambert comes in at No. 23, selling almost 54,000 copies of Whataya Want From Me." A big congratulations to Lambert for continuing to do so well.

Lambert says of being open about his sexuality: "I think just being visible and proud of who I am gives the right message." He continued: "I think empowerment is a great gift to give to people. And it doesn't have to be about just my gay fans, I want my female fans to feel comfortable in their own skin and feel sexy. Hopefully my music promotes that."

When asked about his comment on Susan's Boyle album he explains: "It came across a bit harsher than how it actually went down. But I'm not a fan of the record, it wasn't a lie."

Lambert also addresses the fact that Gene Simmons of KISS said that he should have remained silent about his sexuality saying: "For someone to criticise me talking about my sexuality and say, 'America doesn't care about what you do behind closed doors and it's going to kill your career,' well that's funny because all he talks about is how many women he's slept with."

http://www.examiner.com/x-704-Pop-Media-Examiner~y2010m3d10-Adam-Lambert-update-Singer-sells-nearly-54000-downloads-talks-Susan-Boyle-Gene-Simmons
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Singer sells nearly 54,000 copies; talks Susan Boyle, Gene Simmons
Page 1 of 1