Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert reveals he's proud to be gay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert reveals he's proud to be gay Empty
PostSubject: American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert reveals he's proud to be gay   American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert reveals he's proud to be gay Empty10.03.10 6:33

Quote :
FLAMBOYANT singer Adam Lambert added a special local touch to his Mardi Gras performance last weekend.

Lambert, the runner-up on last year's American Idol, picked up a codpiece during a shopping trip in Sydney.

"It's actually a G-string with a leather pouch and studs on it," Lambert explained yesterday. "I just put that on and tons of glitter and took the stage."

Unlike his controversial American Music Awards performance of the same song, For Your Entertainment, Lambert did not partake in any man-on-man kissing.

"There were a few male dancers kissing each other, but not me. That happened later that afternoon," he said.

The openly gay Lambert is happy to be a role model for his community and is hoping to open some closed minds.

"I think just being visible and proud of who I am gives the right message," Lambert said.

"I think empowerment is a great gift to give to people. And it doesn't have to be about just my gay fans, I want my female fans to feel comfortable in their own skin and feel sexy. Hopefully my music promotes that."

Lambert's new single, Whataya Want from Me, was written by Pink, while his album For Your Entertainment contains a song recorded with Lady Gaga.

However, Lambert is not a fan of last year's success story, Susan Boyle, but said quotes attributed to him saying her album was terrible were embellished.

"It came across a bit harsher than how it actually went down," he said.

"But I'm not a fan of the record, it wasn't a lie."

But Lambert did slam Kiss star Gene Simmons (whom he performed with on American Idol) as obnoxious and a giant hypocrite when the rock star said the Idol should shut up about his sexual preferences.

"For someone to criticise me talking about my sexuality and say, 'America doesn't care about what you do behind closed doors and it's going to kill your career,' well that's funny because all he talks about is how many women he's slept with," Lambert said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/american-idol-runner-up-adam-lambert-reveals-hes-proud-to-be-gay/story-e6frf9hf-1225839203108[quote]
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert reveals he's proud to be gay
Page 1 of 1