Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam & Kris - A Possible Collaboration?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam & Kris - A Possible Collaboration? Empty
PostSubject: Adam & Kris - A Possible Collaboration?   Adam & Kris - A Possible Collaboration? Empty05.02.10 4:04

Interviews from Kris whilst he was overseas
Quote :

MANILA, Philippines—“Singing live on television is the worst thing in the world. I’d rather do concerts,” said “American Idol” Season 8 champ Kris Allen in a press conference at the Eastwood Mall Park in Quezon City a few hours after arriving in Manila on Wednesday.

The 24-year-old singer-songwriter, who came with his four-member band, is performing in two shows dubbed “Musicfest 2010” starting tonight at the SM City Cebu North Open Parking 2, and tomorrow at McKinley Hill Open Grounds in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. The gigs will also feature the acoustic rock group Boyce Avenue and “America’s Best Dance Crew” Season 1 winner Jabbawockeez.

Experience of a lifetime

Fielding questions from reporters about his stint on “Idol,” Allen explained that he found it weird and confusing to sing with so many cameras around him. “I got in trouble several times for not looking straight into one of them when the crew asked me to,” he recalled.

But the whole stint was an experience of a lifetime for Allen, a former assistant music director of a Christian church who did missionary work in Africa, Europe and Asia. “Joining ‘Idol’ was great,” he said. “It was a dream come true.”

Born in Jacksonville, Arkansas, Allen took an interest in music early on which seemed to have unlocked a passion that he would earnestly pursue in his teenage years. He first learned to play the viola in grade school, then moved on to guitar at age 13 and later, the piano.

He was majoring in a business course at the University of Central Arkansas when he decided to drop out and chase his musical muse—playing in local bars at night and taking on a day job as a shoe salesman.

Apparently, the life of a struggling artist was taking its toll on him, because the thought of trying out for “Idol” was supposedly his last attempt at becoming a professional musician.

Now he’s having the time of his life, with a self-titled album released only in November last year and selling almost a quarter of a million copies at last count.

Allen said he and “Idol” runner-up Adam Lambert might be writing songs together soon.

He would like to collaborate with other artists. “I’m a big Beatles fan. I’d love to work with Paul McCartney.”

Show must go on

How does he feel about Simon Cowell’s impending exit as “Idol” judge?

“He must be feeling sad himself about leaving. But I’m sure the show will go on … I bet you’ll all still be watching it even without him … Now about Ellen DeGeneres, I think she’ll like me if I were still a contestant.”

Asked about the craziest thing fans have done to him, Allen replied: “A girl stuck her tongue into my mouth. That was crazy.”

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view/20100204-251331/Idol-a-big-Beatles-fan

Quote :

FOR obvious reasons, the name Kris Allen and Adam Lambert are never far apart.

Besides going head to head in one of the biggest showdowns in American Idol history with a surprise win for Allen — it seemed like head honchos in the music industry found it a great idea to pit them against each other one more time by placing their album release dates very close to one another.

While we are hoping for more dirt between the two, especially with the planned ‘animosity’, they are getting along just fine.

In an interview with Kris Allen, The Malay Mail finds out that both Allen and Lambert are still pretty much good friends with no plans on having a fight anytime soon.

Your single Live Like We're Dying is all about seizing the day. Let's do a quick quiz on what would you do if it were your last day on earth. Who would be the last person you'd say goodbye to?

It would definitely be my wife (No surprises there).

What would you have as your last meal?

Well, my mum makes a great cheese spaghetti.

What would you do that you've always wanted to but never got around trying?

Sky diving.

Sounds dangerous.

That's probably why I haven't tried it yet (laughs).

What would be your theme song for your last day on earth?

Hmm… (This question got him stumped for a while). It would probably be Kris Kross' Jump because it's kind of like my name and I've been listening to it for quite a while.

How have you been dealing with the audience thinking that you should have been number two on American Idol?

I've been taking it all in my stride. If something good happens to you, then you take it as it is. If it’s bad, then you try to make the most of it each day.

Are you and Adam Lambert still keeping in touch?

Yeah. Just the other night we were sitting down and having dinner at the post Grammy party.

How is life post American Idol?

Life has been good. I’m making music, which is what I’ve always wanted to do and have been busy with my album and doing some small shows.

Are you excited about coming to Malaysia?

Yeah, I've been to Thailand though but it will be my first time in Malaysia. I’ve heard there are a lot of Idol fans out there, and I'm looking forward to meet them and seeing them acting crazy!

http://www.mmail.com.my/content/26869-minute-kris
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Adam & Kris - A Possible Collaboration? Empty
PostSubject: Will former competitors unite?   Adam & Kris - A Possible Collaboration? Empty07.02.10 7:44

This news is not a huge surprise to me. I predicted long before Idol season 8 ended that Adam and Kris could colloborate in the future. One clue at possible success was the harmonic duet they sung for the Ford commerical during the Idol finale. Not impossible that these two would get together and create memorable music.
Back to top Go down

Adam & Kris - A Possible Collaboration?
Page 1 of 1