Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Female First UK Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Female First UK Review Empty
PostSubject: Female First UK Review   Female First UK Review Empty26.01.10 16:00

Quote :
I remember watching American Idol and marvelling at how bloody amazing Adam Lambert was (especially since he got to hang out with Kiss for the day), so when his debut album found it’s way into my hands, I was a little bit excited.

I know he might not be to everyone’s tastes, but it seems that his album is eager to please, considering he’s got songs on there which remind me of almost every band I’ve been listening to recently - I’m sure it’s not intentional, but Adam doesn’t seem to have found his own ‘niche’ sound just yet.

For example, Sure Fire Winners sounds like he’s spent an afternoon writing with the lads from Madina Lake, Aftermath implies that he’s been taking tips from ex-Idoller Chris Daughtry whilst Pick U Up is very Tyson Ritter-esque (All American Rejects) and Fever is way too heavy on the synths, but a good tune to dance to whilst you’re out.

Album Review : Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment

You see, the problem I have with this album is, I feel in love with the wannabe 80’s, glam rock star on the show, and whilst this record is clearly going on my iPod, it’s just a shame that it sounds too much like other people’s music - when I first heard Strut, I thought I was listening to that annoying “La La La, LaLa la la la,” song by Britney Spears. Yikes.

On the other hand though, A Loaded Smile & Sleepwalker are absolutely brilliant tracks, and from the first time I heard them, I knew I was going to be learning the words, as well as those to title track, For Your Entertainment.

Overall though, with help from new celebrity best mates Ryan Tedder and Justin Hawkins, I’m not surprised this is a great debut from him - whilst the review does sound a little negative, it is a great listen if you’re not bothered by the fact that he sounds like so many other artists on a mix CD.

Rating - 3.5/5

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/reviews/Album+Review+Adam+Lambert+For+Your+Entertainment-10476.html
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Female First UK Review
Page 1 of 1