Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lambert Wrestles With Fame in Video for Pink Team-Up “Whataya Want From Me”

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam Lambert Wrestles With Fame in Video for Pink Team-Up “Whataya Want From Me” Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lambert Wrestles With Fame in Video for Pink Team-Up “Whataya Want From Me”   Adam Lambert Wrestles With Fame in Video for Pink Team-Up “Whataya Want From Me” Empty15.01.10 20:30

Quote :
Adam Lambert began performing “Whataya Want From Me,” the song Pink and Max Martin contributed to his debut For Your Entertainment, live in the days after his controversial American Music Awards performance, but the song’s video didn’t arrive until this morning via VH1.com. The song’s lyrics describe a creative mind in turmoil, and the fairly direct, Diane Martel-directed clip echoes the theme: instead of raging like a fierce glam icon, Lambert peels back the layers of his Glambert persona and explores how his public self is sometimes at odds with his inner Adam.

Check out photos of Adam Lambert backstage and on the road.

The video depicts Lambert in a sharp suit pushing past cameras and facing his public, and a more sullen emo Adam alone in a spare apartment, gazing at a postcard and thinking in bed. The divide between his two personas is amplified when both guises sing “Whataya Want From Me” during the chorus while staring at the camera. In the context of the video, the pleading lyrics seem aimed more at his fans than any one individual.

In the days after the AMAs flap, Lambert told fans over Twitter that he would be “goin’ in a new direction” when it came to promoting his album, insinuating he’d be scaling back on his Glambert side. Still, three videos into his fledgling career — he’s released clips for “Time For Miracles” and “For Your Entertainment” — Lambert may be playing it too safe. Hopefully next time around, Lambert unleashes his inner Ziggy Stardust and goes all “Bad Romance” on us.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/15/adam-lambert-wrestles-with-fame-in-video-for-pink-team-up-whataya-want-from-me/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Adam Lambert Wrestles With Fame in Video for Pink Team-Up “Whataya Want From Me”
Page 1 of 1