Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For Your Entertainment Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

For Your Entertainment Review Empty
PostSubject: For Your Entertainment Review   For Your Entertainment Review Empty11.01.10 3:56

Quote :
ADAM Lambert is a risk taker. From his funky wardrobe, fancy make-up, sexuality to his “kissing” a male keyboardist at the recent American Music Awards, the American Idol 8 runner-up is one who eagerly takes chances. And strangely enough, it is paying off and everybody wants a piece of him now.

In fact, Lambert will be featured together with Kate Gosselin and Lady Gaga in Barbara Walters’ 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009 special. Oprah was also reported to want him on her show. Like Chris Daughtry, Lambert proves it’s not necessary to win American Idol to make it in the industry.

But unlike Daughtry, the debut album by the man of the moment is barely above average. For me, Lambert’s work here is rather fluffy save for a few numbers.

What is obvious is that the singer-songwriter from San Diego, California, worships David Bowie, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Queen, and Led Zeppelin. The end result is that For Your Entertainment is a hybrid glam-pop-dance album.

For Your Entertainment is the male answer to Gaga’s Just Dance, only less catchy. But you should watch the video where the flamboyant rocker, clad in a sexy black outfit, frolics with snakes and all.

Other dance numbers are the edgy Strut and If I Had You, which has some pretty cool drumming licks. Sure Fire Winners and Music Again ooze attitude. Time for Miracles is one of Lambert’s attempts at slow numbers; it ironically shows the softer but manly side of him. I believe this will be a huge hit but I felt completely lost when listening to the other slow track, Soaked, as it sounds like a fake, emotionless 1980s ballad.

Overall, this is a promising start that will satisfy fans. But I feel the golden boy could have done better.

http://www.star-ecentral.com/music/reviews/review.asp?file=archives/music/2010/1/ForYourEntertainment&artist=ADAM%20LAMBERT&title=For%20Your%20Entertainment&sec=music
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

For Your Entertainment Review
Page 1 of 1