Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exclusive! Your Guilty-Pleasure Songs of 2009, Admitted in 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Exclusive! Your Guilty-Pleasure Songs of 2009, Admitted in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive! Your Guilty-Pleasure Songs of 2009, Admitted in 2010   Exclusive! Your Guilty-Pleasure Songs of 2009, Admitted in 2010 Empty05.01.10 20:25

Quote :
It’s a New Yecade! I am going to keep saying that until it catches on. But either way, we’re five days in and everything feels COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Actually, and weirdly, it sort of does — maybe it’s because of all the decade-end stuff, maybe it’s because Nexus One is going to force us to buy a new phone, maybe it’s because the TSA is about to peep our privates — but “2010″ already looks, well, normal. We already feel SO much more mature than 2009, right? Enough to look back now on the year that was with a little of the perspective we didn’t have while we were still in it (any 2009 wrap-up that didn’t include the phrase “Crotch Bomber” clearly was not complete). Enough to admit some of those things that gave us shame — like secretly loving “Party in The USA” by Miley Cyrus. Which I do. Which I can now freely admit.

I also love that song about a shorty fire burning on the dance floor. Am I alone in this secret love for cheesy Aughts-Pop? I refused to believe it — so I pried it out of a few of your favorite media people, or even some people you don’t much care for. I also asked them who their favorite villain of 2009 was, and what we should blame on the a-a-a-a-a-a-alcohol. Turns out, maybe also this list.

“I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas. The only lyrics I know from this song are “Mazel tov!” Why? In the name of Yahweh, WHY!?!?!”
— Baratunde Thurston, Comedian & Vigilante Pundit

“If I had shame I would be totally embarrassed to love Kelly Clarkson’s “Already Gone” — but I love it openly and without guilt!!”
— Corynne Steindler, Senior Reporter/Editor, HollywoodLife.com (@corynnes)

“”For Your Entertainment” by Adam Lambert, not really embarrassed to love, but maybe it’s a little embarrassing how much I love it?” – Meghan McCain, Contributor, The Daily Beast (@McCainBLogette)

“I love “Party in the USA,” fyi – you’re not alone!” – Kate Lee, ICM Agent to the Blog-Stars and Beyond

“”She Wolf” by Shakira. It was more the video than the song itself. Yikes.” – Willie Geist, host of “Way Too Early” on MSNBC (@williegeist11)

“Was that song about being able to see your halo from 2009? If not, then the Glee version of it, fer sure.” - Drew Grant, Writer, FishbowlNY & Columnist for Street Carnage

“Everything from that fake-alternapoprock genre (3OH3!’s “Don’t Trust Me,” Boys Like Girls’ “Love Drunk” etc.)” – Danny Shea, Media Editor, Huffington post

“Bad Romance – GAGA!” – Gary Vaynerchuck, Winelibrary.com impresario and author of “Crush It!”

““Fireflies” by Owl City. I typically don’t like music made on anything that won’t make a sound unless it’s plugged into a computer, but this was one happy little tune in a year of otherwise abject despondency.” - John Roberts, CNN “American Morning” co-anchor

“Glenn Beck’s version of “Revolution.”" – Patrick Gavin, Politico

“It’s every Taylor Swift song from ‘09. Also, “Big Ego” by Beyonce and Kanye…” – Matt Lewis, Politics Daily

“I am not ashamed to love Miley’s “Party In The U.S.A.” or the entirety of Taylor Swift’s Fearless album, but maybe I should be.” - Verena von Pfetten, Sr. Editor, Lifestyle and Entertainment , Air America Media

“‘Stronger,’ by Kanye West. Yes, I know it’s from 2007, but this year every radio station DJ would play it before or after Taylor Swift, chuckling, ‘See? I got them together now!’” – Rob Kutner, Writer, The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien (@ApocalypseHow)

“I hate to admit it, but I actually downloaded Kris Allen’s remake of The Frays remake of Kanye West’s ‘Heartless.’” – Roy Sekoff, Editor, The Huffington Post

‘Ha, “Tik Tok” by Ke$ha although I’ve transcended the embarrassment! Ooh, that “Tonight’s Gonna be a Good NIght” song is pretty great.” - Katie Baker, Mediaite columnist and Awl contributor

“Cobra Starship feat. Leighton Meester, ‘Good Girls Go Bad’” – Caroline McCarthy, The Social Columnist, CNET

“The theme song from Thomas the Tank Engine (not new, but new to me…and VERY catchy, trust me).” John Berman, ABC News Correspondent, who has 3-year-old twin boys.

“1st choice – “Party in the USA” because that’s how I roll… Kidding! Runner up: Scarlett Johannson & Pete York “The Realtor.’” – Leslie Sanchez, CNN Commentator

“The Glee Cast! I sing their songs at the top of my lungs and actually think I sound okay.” - Jill Chappell, CNN Producer

“Soulja Boy — Turn My Swag On. Perfect hype music for a night out or facing down a series of impossible deadlines.” – Jenna Wortham, New York Time tech writer

“I don’t believe in guilty pleasures, so I’m proud to admit that I loved almost everything the Beelzebubs sang on ‘The Sing-Off,’ especially ‘Magical Mystery Tour.’” - Tommy Christopher, Mediaite columnist

“The mashup of Creed’s “With Arms Wide Open” and Biggie’s “Juicy.” If you don’t know, now you know, Jesus.” – Foster Kamer, Gawker Weekend Editor

“Tik Tok, Ke$ha. Duh.” – Jonathan Wald, former CNBC macher and Big Man on Twitter

“I don’t think I have a song from 2009 that I’m embarrassed to love, so I’ll have to go with my two longtime guilty pleasures: Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive” and Bryan Adams “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You.” And really, does it get more embarrassing than that? (Answer: No. No it doesn’t.) But obviously I’m totally embarrassed for anyone who loves any Black Eyed Peas song, or even for anyone who can listen to an entire BEP song without wanting to chop off body parts. (Their own or other people’s.)” – Andy Levy, “Red Eye” half-time anchor

‘”Empire state of mind”. There was no other song that permeated the city’s nightlife more this year, than that song. So much so that it became passe and annoying to anyone with standards by August. However, I still get tingles and ‘inspired” by it even after its over stayed its welcome.” – Seth Herzog, Comedian

“I have no idea how to answer these, except to say that I’ve been listening to a lot of Tom Waits lately, so I’ll go with his sentimental “House Where Nobody Lives” — a nice holiday song about love and family.” – Howard Fineman, Senior Washington Correspondent, Newsweek & MSNBC analyst

http://www.mediaite.com/online/exclusive-your-guilty-pleasure-songs-of-2009-admitted-in-2010/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Exclusive! Your Guilty-Pleasure Songs of 2009, Admitted in 2010
Page 1 of 1