Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip Empty
PostSubject: 'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip   'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip Empty03.01.10 15:38

Quote :
Adam Lambert's fans proved their devotion by allowing the "American Idol" runner-up to debut at #3 on the Billboard 200; however, he now has to face his next challenge as a musician: bringing in new people with his music. Ever since the release of "For Your Entertainment," album sales have dropped sharply compared to recent releases by Carrie Underwood, Lady Gaga, and fellow reality-show sensation Susan Boyle.

Now, when comparing him to Underwood and Gaga, part of the problem may simply be that he's not heard on the radio as often. He has made a plethora of TV appearances, but you only get an opportunity to sing one or two numbers on a show before calling it a day. There's no repetition, which is key to getting a song in a new listener's head.

The difference between him and Boyle, meanwhile, is that the "Britain's Got Talent" runner-up is able to tap into a market that skews older and loves some of the classic songs that appear on the album. Adam Lambert has taken a bolder approach with everything from his song choice to even his album cover, and while this is to be appreciated it's not so much of a safe bet. In the long run this audacity could help Adam, but it means that the road at the beginning could be that much tougher.

"For Your Entertainment" is currently ranked #29 on the Billboard 200 and #166 on iTunes. What do you think Adam should do to increase record sales? Let me know your thoughts with a comment and stay tuned for more "American Idol" news.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11363-Dallas-TV-Examiner~y2010m1d2-American-Idol-Adam-Lambert-sees-record-sales-dip
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Next Single Release   'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip Empty04.01.10 3:25

According to speculation, Adam's next single song release could be instrumental to getting more of his music played on radio. If everyone buys the single via electronic download it will greatly boost the song's ratings prior to release and immediately there after, forcing it into the top 40. The goal would be to get the song released into the top 10. Anyone up for it? I have the songs, of course, already, on the already purchased CD. And I bought 2 more for Christmas gifts. But I am willing to spend $1.29, or .99 to boost Adam's ratings and help to launch a radio career.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip   'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip Empty04.01.10 17:50

Go for it RoRo.....I cant buy the US version but I'll be doing my best to get Adam in the UK charts too.
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip   'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip Empty

Back to top Go down

'American Idol:' Adam Lambert sees record sales dip
Page 1 of 1