Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sam Sparro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Sam Sparro Empty
PostSubject: Sam Sparro   Sam Sparro Empty23.12.09 4:20

Quote :
Sam Sparro returns to the Sydney stage this New Year’s Day with a headline set at Space Ibiza. He spoke with Garrett Bithell about his upcoming album, secret collaborations, and living in LA.

How’s everything going Sam?

Everything is good. I've been very busy and I've just moved into a beautiful loft in Downtown Los Angeles.

You’re recording your second album at the moment – what can you tell me about the new album that’s not under lock and key?

I'm really excited about it. It's quite dancey and very eclectic but in more cohesive manner than the first album. The influences span as far and wide as Sylvester, Daft Punk, The Clash and Talking Heads, but with a very strong nod to club music of the late 80s/early 90s.

Is there a distinct shift in the lyrical content as well?

I definitely dug a lot deeper into myself on the new record. It's more personal – there are songs about my own demons and struggles as well as songs that use humour and irony to communicate something. It's a lot more energetic.

When are you looking at releasing it?

I'm hoping for it to be out around June-ish... but you know how these things go. It's almost done though.

When you were last in Sydney, you hit the studio with Julian Hamilton from The Presets. What came of those sessions?

Ahhh yes The Julian Hamilton Sessions. I love The Presets – they're such awesome guys and I love their music and live shows. We got a great song out of it called ‘Lifeline’ that will most likely be on the record. It sounds like pretty much a direct cross between Sam Sparro and The Presets.

Any other major collaborations you’ve embarked on recently?

I've been collaborating with a lot of people this year actually – Natasha Beddingfield, Mark Ronson, Basement Jaxx, Adam Lambert, Cathy Dennis, Switch, OKGO, Love Grenades. There are some pretty amazing collaborations happening now that I'm not allowed to mention yet. I'm such a tease!

What was it like collaborating with Basement Jaxx for ‘Feelings Gone’?

It was fun – I'm a big fan and the girls from the Jaxx also sing in my band. They came to Australia for Good Vibes – they're the best. We had a lot of fun doing the video in London too – walking around in these ‘green screen’ leotards all day with puppets strapped around our necks.

You’re coming to Sydney for Space Ibiza on NYD – what do you have planned for your set?

It's going to be fun party DJ set and I'll probably get on the mic and do some singing too. I'm guessing there’ll be a lot of people there who haven't slept yet so I'm going to try and keep them moving!

Will you be unleashing some new material?

Most likely – nothing a like a huge crowd to test out new tracks on.

How long are you going to be in town for? Any other big plans?

I'm going to try and relax a bit and get some beach time in, because I'm about to start the world wind all over again so it might be a while until I can get a tan!

Can we expect some karaoke action at Stonewall this time??

Oh gawd! We'll see. You never know ... Anything's possible on Oxford Street.
Outer Space

http://sxnews.e-p.net.au/feature/space-odyssey-6643.html
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Sam Sparro
Page 1 of 1