Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Academy Awards Rumour

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Academy Awards Rumour Empty
PostSubject: Academy Awards Rumour   Academy Awards Rumour Empty11.12.09 17:40

Quote :
On Thursday morning's The View, chief executive yammerer Barbara Walters brought up rumors that Adam Lambert will be asked to perform at this year's Academy Awards ceremony. Adam Lambert's song 'A Time for Miracles' was featured in the film 2012, and has Oscar buzz.
Barbara Walters asked Adam Lambert how television executives can trust that he won't give another wild live performance like the one he gave at the American Music Awards last month.

Adam Lambert's pre-taped The View interview and performance aired Thursday morning on ABC due to concerns that Lambert would improvise more racy stunts like he did on the AMA stage.

"It was a crazy performance," Adam Lambert told Barbara Walters of the AMA scandal that's gotten him banned from live TV, at least temporarily. "I got carried away. I got caught up in the moment. It's a one time performance. It wasn't supposed to be an announcement, you know 'this is how i'm going to be now all the time'."

Barbara Walters asked Adam Lambert the question that television network executives seem to be asking each other in board rooms all over the entertainment industry: "How do we know you won't get carried away again?"

"I think now I'm a little more conscious of it. I don't think it's something i really even thought about," responded Lambert.

The Academy Awards nominations will be announced on February 22, 2010.

http://www.examiner.com/x-20002-The-View-Examiner~y2009m12d11-Will-Adam-Lambert-get-carried-away-at-the-Academy-Awards
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Academy Awards Rumour   Academy Awards Rumour Empty12.12.09 23:49

Time for Miracles won't be eligible for an Oscar because it wasn't written for the film. It was, in fact, written long before they ever started filming 2012. So unless they have him singing other nominations (meaning original artists for their songs are unavailable), I don't see a place for him (besides presenting).
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Academy Awards Rumour   Academy Awards Rumour Empty13.12.09 0:33

Yes...I think the paper is just guessing that's what he would sing because it was on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Academy Awards   Academy Awards Rumour Empty13.12.09 1:24

Much speculation is being made on a lot of web sites about this. Some people have made comments about songs being given a nod anyway, regardless of the circumstances of their origins. But would ABC allow Adam to perform at the Academy Awards? Remains to be seen, even if there is a nomination. If Adam's on it, even if just in the audience, I'll be watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academy Awards Rumour   Academy Awards Rumour Empty

Back to top Go down

Academy Awards Rumour
Page 1 of 1