Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Return Of Glam Rock

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

The Return Of Glam Rock Empty
PostSubject: The Return Of Glam Rock   The Return Of Glam Rock Empty07.12.09 15:28

Quote :

Just one look at Adam Lambert’s album cover makes it clear that he was never meant to be the “American Idol.”

With enough makeup and glitter to give any drag queen a run for his money, the former American Idol runner-up makes no apologies for his over-the-top fashion and music styles.

For an audience that thought Chris Daughtry was too edgy, Lambert must have seemed like the antichrist.

For Your Entertainment is Lambert’s first studio album, and listeners are likely to find that the songs are just as flamboyant as the cover.

Sensual and larger-than-life, the album is full of ’80s-inspired electronic dance music with Lambert’s distinctive and versatile voice taking the forefront. Lambert’s voice is reminiscent of both Freddie Mercury and David Bowie.

Each song has its own distinctive flavor and the album provides a broad spectrum of musicality.

Lambert certainly got a lot of quality help when it came to the songwriting for his first album. With the assistance of such musical bigwigs as Lady Gaga, Pink, Muse’s Matthew Bellamy and Weezer’s Rivers Cuomo, the album has some quality tracks.

The album’s title track is a loud, electronic musical orgy.

“Baby, I'm in control/ Take the pain, take the pleasure, I’m the master of both,” Lambert sings.

“Sure Fire Winners” is comparable to Queen’s “We Are The Champions.” It is a set piece for the album and works as his “coming out” song as he boldly sings “I was born with glitter on my face/ My baby clothes made of leather and lace.”

In the softer ballads like “Soaked” and “Broken Open,” Lambert shows the cleaner and more melodic quality of his voice as it blares from the listener’s speakers.

Love him or hate him, it is undeniable that Lambert brings vitality and individuality to the music world and his album will undoubtedly continue to give audiences something to talk about.

http://www.ubspectrum.com/article/40956
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

The Return Of Glam Rock
Page 1 of 1