Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lambert offers more than rock and pop'For Your Entertainment'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam Lambert offers more than rock and pop'For Your Entertainment' Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lambert offers more than rock and pop'For Your Entertainment'   Adam Lambert offers more than rock and pop'For Your Entertainment' Empty03.12.09 19:27

Quote :
The media frenzy going on about Adam Lambert's interesting performance at the American Music Awards is taking the attention away from his new album titled, "For Your Entertainment." The album was released on Nov. 23 and is expected to enter the charts at No. 2 behind new the star of "Britain's Got Talent," Susan Boyle.

Adam Mitchel Lambert, the runner-up in season eight of "American Idol," was born in Indianapolis and moved to San Diego soon after. Nicknamed Glambert by his fans, he began his stage career at the age of six as Linus in a San Diego theater's production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown."

I have to admit Lambert was good in his days on American Idol. He blew the crowd away with performances like "Black or White" by Michael Jackson and "The Track of my Tears" by the Miracles" in which he got a standing ovation from Smokey Robinson. I even expected him to take the title of season eight "American Idol" away from Kris Allen.

When Lambert came out with his new album, I expected a mix of rock and pop music. Although the majority of the songs on the album are rock and pop, they also contain different elements that make the album more interesting to listen to. The song "For Your Entertainment" is a nice blend of rock, pop and dance music. Surprisingly, I found myself singing along to the song after listening to it a few times and saying, "hey, this is actually really good."

Others songs in the album include "Aftermath," a soft and heartfelt song that again has the mix of rock and pop. One of my favorite songs is "Fever," which is a Lady Gaga contribution. Lady Gaga gave the song to Lambert in hopes that the song suits Lambert better than it did her. After listening to both artists' versions of the song, I have to agree with Lady Gaga that the song better suits Lambert.

Another song in the album is "A Loaded Smile," which is vulnerable and terrifyingly sensual. Overall, the album is worth listening to. The only thing that annoyed me was a lack of depth on the album. It seems like Lambert is still trying to prove himself on American Idol by showcasing his ability to sing various styles of music.

Check out: "Aftermath," "A Loaded Smile."

http://media.www.dailycampus.com/media/storage/paper340/news/2009/12/03/Focus/Adam-Lambert.Offers.More.Than.Rock.And.Popfor.Your.Entertainment-3844015.shtml
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Adam Lambert offers more than rock and pop'For Your Entertainment'
Page 1 of 1