Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Understanding the appeal of 'American Idol' Adam Lambert

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Understanding the appeal of 'American Idol' Adam Lambert Empty
PostSubject: Understanding the appeal of 'American Idol' Adam Lambert   Understanding the appeal of 'American Idol' Adam Lambert Empty21.11.09 21:42

Quote :
To state the obvious, Adam Lambert is outrageously out there, and therein lies his appeal (or lack of appeal, whichever way you happen to look at him).

The dude dares you to look away, even if you think he looks a tad freaky.

He was so tarted up on the cover of his new album, the provocatively titled "For Your Entertainment," that my kids thought he was a woman.

Apparently, for Sunday's "American Music Awards," Glambert will be wearing nipple tassles (I can just hear the questions from the kids now).

In truth, though Kris Allen was my pick from the start, I actually think Adam Lambert is a breath of wild, creative, out-of-the-box rock 'n' roll that's good for the music industry. When I met him during media hour, prior to the American Idols Live tour visit to Grand Rapids, I found him disarmingly sweet, humble and -- believe it or not -- down to earth.

Onstage though, Adam morphed into something different entirely, an almost feral, uber sexual, hip-thrusting, writhing creature with an otherworldly voice that seethed with passion and drama. He's incredibly theatrical -- too theatrical? -- and he isn't shy about pimping himself out, "For Your Entertainment," as the title of his new album and first single asserts. By the way, I found the tune impossible to get out of my head for a week after I listened to it. I also wasn't surprised it was one big, over-the-top, glitzy come on. Adam's all about sex.

He's David Bowie, Billy Idol, Freddy Mercury and Lady Gaga all rolled into one irresistibly fascinating package. But just because he fascinates doesn't mean he isn't as repelling to some as he is compelling to others.

I remember seeing David Bowie when I was 15, in 1983. It was his "Serious Moonlight" tour, and all the fears my parents had about letting their innocent daughter see this cross-dressing, bizarre musical alien were for nothing. Bowie had mellowed into a gentleman, dressed in a blue suit and cordially singing his songs.

Maybe someday Adam will take it down a notch -- or 20. For now, vampy, campy Glambert is taking the music world and all who pay attention to it on a tilt-a-whirl of shock and awe. If you're a fan, buckle your seatbelt because you're in for a riotous ride.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/11/understanding_american_idol_th.html
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Understanding the appeal of 'American Idol' Adam Lambert
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: Daily Posts From 2009-
Jump to: