Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

T.V. Guide Article

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

T.V. Guide Article Empty
PostSubject: T.V. Guide Article   T.V. Guide Article Empty12.11.09 5:10

Hot Entertainer
Quote :

American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert is hoping to prove that a second place finish doesn’t mean you can’t reach the top of the charts. The glam rocker’s debut album “For Your Entertainment” drops Nov. 23, and Lambert himself dropped by TV Guide Magazine's Hot List party to tell TVGuideMagazine.com what his fans can expect, his thoughts on Ellen Degeneres (and her underwear) and all about his encounter with a certain musical icon.

On what his Idol followers will find familiar on his album, and where he’s throwing them some curves:
“I think the things the fans are going to recognize on the album are sort of references and nods to classic and glam rock, music of the 70s in general. Vocally I kind approach things somewhat that way and in some of the chord changes and guitar riffs there’s elements of it. But I think what’s going to be in store for them, as far as a treat goes, is modern production as well, mixed in with that 70s kind of vibe. There’s a lot of electronica, there’s a lot of modern beats and synthesized sounds. Fusions – a lot of fusions.”

On the lesson learned from Idol that he’ll always carry with him:
“Trust your instincts. I think the show forced me to trust it more than any other time in my entire life, because I really, at the end of the day, had people assisting me and supporting me, but it was really up to me. I had to depend on myself. So my instincts were really all I had.”

On how he’ll be all over TV again soon:
“The American Music Awards are coming up. We’re getting to put together a big ol’ production number and that’s kind of my favorite thing about this whole gig is getting together performances and to really interpret the songs new each time… Right after the AMAs I’m going to be doing David Letterman, Ellen Degeneres and Good Morning America.”

Speaking of Ellen Degeneres…:
“I can’t wait to see her! I haven’t been on her show yet, so that Monday is going to be really special, because I was one of the only people that didn’t get to talk to her after Idol. The logistics didn’t work out! Kris [Allen] and I were the final two, and then Kris went and I didn’t go, and I was like ‘Ooooh, I want to meet her!” But I called her and talked to her. I thanked her for the underwear that she sent me.She sent all of underwear and t-shirts that said ‘Sing. Laugh. Dance. Idol.’ There were these little slogans she created that were really cute.”

On how Ellen will fit in as the newest Idol judge:
“I think that she brings kind of an everyman perspective. I think she represents the audience that ISN’T in the music industry, that’s just a listener. And I think that’s actually really important considering that they’re the people who drive the music industry.”

On meeting one of his own personal idols:
“When I met Madonna I was pretty starstruck. And it was very brief but it was pretty magical. She just gave me some advice about being in the spotlight and how it can kind of throw you. And she just really said, in a nutshell, ‘Keep your eye on the prize and just ignore all the other energy that doesn’t actually support you.’ I don’t think she’s a big American Idol fan. I don’t think she’s a big TV fan, from what I hear, so we actually had a mutual friend that introduced us. My heart was racing. I think I broke into a cold sweat. I mean, she’s one of my idols. But I made it through.[I told her] that I adored her, that I loved her. She seemed to appreciate it.”

On another, not-so-surprising idol encounter he’s hoping to check off the list someday:
“I would love to meet David Bowie. I think it’d be very interesting to talk to him.”

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/news/adam-lambert-hot-entertainer-3197.html
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

T.V. Guide Article
Page 1 of 1