Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AMA In The Magazines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

AMA In The Magazines Empty
PostSubject: AMA In The Magazines   AMA In The Magazines Empty15.10.09 15:07

Quote :

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Oct. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Recording artists Paula Abdul,
Adam Lambert and Snoop Dogg revealed the American Music Awards (AMAs) nominees
this morning from the Beverly Hills Hotel (see full list of nominees below).
Alicia Keys, Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Lopez and Adam Lambert were also
announced as performers for the 37th annual AMAs. The AMA's will be Adam
Lambert's debut performance of music from his forthcoming CD release.
Additional acts and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks.

The live broadcast will take place at the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE on SUNDAY,
NOVEMBER 22nd (8:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT) on ABC. Tickets are now on sale (please
visit www.ticketmaster.com or call 1-877-AEG-TICKETS). dick clark productions
will also air a live digital pre-show hosted by Julie Moran from the 2009
American Music Awards red carpet available on ABC.com, USTREAM.com and
mycokerewards.com and mycoke.com.

For the third year, winners will be determined by online voting at
www.ama.abc.com, www.amavote.com and www.mycokerewards.com, the official
voting location starting today. Artists will be honored in the categories of
Pop/Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop, Soul/R&B, Alternative, Adult Contemporary,
Latin and Contemporary Inspirational. Fans can go to the official homepage of
the "2009 American Music Awards," ama.abc.com, to find performer and presenter
announcements, artist information, and more.

Taylor Swift leads the nominations race this year with six (6) total
nominations, Michael Jackson follows with five (5) nominations. Eminem follows
with four (4) nominations and Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Kings of
Leon and T.I. collected three (3) nominations respectively. Lady Gaga,
Eminem, Kings of Leon, Michael Jackson and Taylor Swift make up the highly
talented roster of 2009 Artist of the Year nominees.

Orly Adelson, executive producer of the show and Larry Klein, AMA producer
jointly stated, "With the support of the artists and labels, we are looking
forward to an amazing line-up of performances during this year's show
highlighting the diversity and breadth of this year's eclectic music scene."

In addition, Music fans will again be able to vote for the T-Mobile
Breakthrough Artist Award. For the first time in the show's history, fans can
also vote to determine the final four nominees for the award. Fans can vote at
ama.abc.com and/or via text-message for T-Mobile customers (Standard text
messaging charges apply). Go to abc.com for more voting details. Voting to
determine the final T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist Award nominees begins today
and voting for the final award winner will begin October 26 and conclude
during the American Music Awards on November 22.

About the Voting -
Nominees were selected from data supplied by The Nielsen Company's Broadcast
Data Systems, which monitors radio airplay performance, and Soundscan, which
tracks retail music sales. Online voting will take place, beginning today at
ama.abc.com as well as amavote.com and mycokerewards.com.

About dick clark productions, inc. -
Founded in 1957, dick clark productions, inc. ("dcp") is a leading independent
producer of television programming. dcp produces perennial hits such as Dick
Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest, the American Music Awards,
the Golden Globe Awards and the Academy of Country Music Awards. dcp also
produces popular weekly television programming, including So You Think You Can
Dance and the recently aired summer show Shaq VS. dcp owns and maintains one
of the world's most unique and extensive entertainment libraries, which
includes more than 30 years of American Bandstand footage. For additional
information about dcp, please visit www.dickclarkproductions.com.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS154583+13-Oct-2009+PRN20091013
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote :
Adam Lambert appeared on Ryan Seacrest's radio show Tuesday morning (October 13) to announce that he will be performing his to-be-announced first single during the 2009 American Music Awards in November.

"I want some dancing up there. I want some costumes. I want some fire," Lambert told Seacrest of his awards-show debut, adding, "I really want it to be something to look at, something really, really exciting and over the top."

The "Idol" rocker still won't spill much on his first single just yet, other than saying it's "something entirely different" from "Time for Miracles," the ballad he recorded for the upcoming disaster flick "2012." (Lambert also shot a video for the soundtrack song, which he calls "epic.") Lambert described the secretive album single as "glammy" before teasing its mysterious release date. "We don't really have a specific date. Any day now. Stay tuned ... "

Lambert also squashed rumors that he might be touring with Lady Gaga, now that her plans with Kanye West fell through. Adam was flattered that the story was out there but pointed out the logistical issues that make it nothing more than a "fantastic" rumor. "I don't think I'll be on tour as soon as she is," he said. But he wouldn't rule out the chance if the opportunity arose. "No offers have been made yet. I'm a huge fan of hers, and that would be a lot of fun."

Lambert also told Seacrest he "couldn't be happier" with his still-untitled CD's progress. And it seems his album collaborators are just as excited. Recently, writer/producer Greg Wells tweeted, "Have. Never. Worked. With. A. Singer. Like. This." Lambert is also working with Rob Cavallo, Ryan Tedder, Max Martin and a host of other A-list hitmakers, who are all helping Lambert achieve his goal of "bringing back kind of a glam-rock feel to pop music."

"The cool thing about doing an album is that it should have some variety on it and take listeners on a journey, and I think it does that," Lambert said. "It's like dress-up. It's fun. I'm getting to play rock star!"

The world will get to see Adam Lambert in full dress-up mode when the American Music Awards air November 22 at 8 p.m. on ABC, just two days before his major label debut is released; the Black Eyed Peas will also perform at the awards show.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Lambert appeared on Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning Tuesday (October 13) to announce that he will be performing his to-be-announced first single during the 2009 American Music Awards in November. "I want some dancing up there. I want some costumes. I want some fire,". "I really want it to be something to look at, something really, really exciting and over the top."Lambert has not announce what the title of his first single will be yet. He did say that it will be different from his song "Time For Miracles" that he recorded for the movie 2012, due out next month. The American Music Awards will represent Adam Lambert's debut performance of music from his forthcoming CD release.

Alicia Keys, Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Lopez along with Adam Lambert were also announced as performers for the 37th annual AMAs at the live nominations press conference this morning by the show's executive producer Larry Klein. Additional performers for the show will be announced shortly.

The live broadcast will take place at the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd (8:00-11:00 p.m., ET/PT) on the ABC Television Network. Tickets are now on sale (please visit www.ticketmaster.com or call 1-877-AEG-TICKETS). dick clark productions will also air a live digital pre-show hosted by Julie Moran from the 2009 American Music Awards red carpet, available on ABC.com, USTREAM.com and mycokerewards.com and mycoke.com.
For the third year, winners will be determined by online voting at www.ama.abc.com, www.amavote.com and www.mycokerewards.com, the official voting location starting today. Artists will be honored in the categories of Pop/Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop, Soul/R&B, Alternative, Adult Contemporary, Latin and Contemporary Inspirational. Fans can go to the official homepage of the "2009 American Music Awards," ama.abc.com, to find performer and presenter announcements, artist information, and more.

Taylor Swift leads the nominations race this year with six (6) total nominations, Michael Jackson follows with five (5) nominations, Eminem follows with four (4) nominations and Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Kings of Leon and T.I. collected three (3) nominations. Lady Gaga, Eminem, Kings of Leon, Michael Jackson and Taylor Swift make up the highly talented roster of 2009 Artist of the Year nominees.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11462-LA-Music-Examiner~y2009m10d13-Adam-Lambert-confirmed-to-perform-at-the-2009-American-Music-Awards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote :
Today in Los Angeles, Adam Lambert, Paula Abdul, and Snoop Dogg (what a delightful trio!) unveiled the nominations list for the 37th annual American Music Awards, and announced a preliminary list of performers, including Alicia Keys, the Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Lopez and, yes, Glambert himself, making his pre-album, post-Idol performance debut.

Taylor Swift leads the pack this year with six noms, followed by Michael Jackson with five, Eminem with four, and Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Kings of Leon and T.I. with three apiece.

The show, set to air Sunday, November 22, will have its winners determined by voting at ama.abc.com, amavote.com, and mycokerewards.com.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/10/13/american-music-awards-noms-announced-taylor-swift-eminem-michael-jackson-lead-the-pack/

Quote :

Having already received multiple nominations for the Grammys, CMAs and MTV VMAs, Taylor Swift can now add a few more accolades to her collection.

On Tuesday, the country star, 19, received five American Music Awards nominations – including favorite female country music artist, favorite female pop artist and artist of the year.

Michael Jackson was another top nominee, with five nominations, followed by rapper Eminem who nabbed four. Beyoncé, the Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Kings of Leon and T.I. each received three.

RELATED: Taylor Likens Four CMA Nods to Christmas

Paula Abdul, American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert and Snoop Dogg revealed the nominees and the show's performance lineup, which includes Lambert, Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys and the Black Eyed Peas.

For the first time in the show's 37-year history, fans will be able to determine the final four nominees of the T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist Award by voting on ABC.com. Among those considered for the category are Kings of Leon, Lady Gaga, Gloriana, the Zac Brown Band, Keri Hilson and Jermiah.

The AMAs will air live from Los Angeles's Nokia Theatre on Sunday, Nov. 22, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20311929,00.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote :
Ryan Seacrest and Adam Lambert announced on Seacrest’s KIIS FM radio show this morning that the American Idol star is performing at the American Music Awards (AMAs), which will air on ABC Nov. 22. The singer will perform the first single from his as-yet-untitled upcoming debut album (due Nov. 24). The single has yet to be selected or released, but Lambert promised that it would be “glammy.” “We’re bringing back a glam-rock kinda feel to pop music,” Lambert told Seacrest.

Lambert also addressed rumors that he’d be touring with Lady Gaga, saying no offers had been made to him.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/10/13/adam-lambert-to-perform-at-amas/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote :
Paula Abdul and Adam Lambert are teaming up to announce the 2009 American Music Awards nominations.

ABC announced it has tapped the former American Idol judge and eighth-season runner-up to announce the nominations on Tuesday, October 13.

Abdul and Lambert will be joined by Snoop Dog, who also has previous reality credentialsas he starred in Snoop Dogg's Father Hood, which aired for two seasons on.

The AMAs were created by Dick Clark in 1973 to compete with the Grammys after the move of that year's show to Nashville, Tennessee led to CBS picking up the Grammy telecasts after its first two in 1971 and 1972 were broadcast on ABC.

http://b4teanews.blogspot.com/2009/10/american-music-awards-nominations-2009.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote :
The 2009 AMA's Will Feature a Performance from Adam Lambert's Brand New Album
Adam Lambert will perform at the 2009 American Music Awards. The announcement of Adam Lambert's 2009 AMA performance came from the singer himself on the radio this morning. While appearing on Ryan Seacrest's radio show, he Lambert let the world know that he would be performing a song at
Adam Lambert Performing at 2009 American Music Awards
the 2009 American Music Awards in November. The date of the 2009 AMA's is November 22nd, and we can now add Adam Lambert to the long list of performers on that night. Even if there are a dozen people performing during the 2009 AMA's, it's an easy bet to say that Adam Lambert could be one of the most popular artists appearing on the show.

This is really good news for fans of Adam Lambert, because it will probably be the first live performance of his new single due out shortly. This new Adam Lambert single is going to be off of his first album, and though the album hasn't even been released in stores yet, it has sparked a ton of interest from fans online. This is really Adam Lambert just teasing his fans as well, because he won't even name the track that he is going to be performing. It's possible that he hasn't quite decided which song to perform, but he did note that it won't be Time for Miracles which will be featured in the upcoming movie 2012.

This announcement by Adam Lambert is probably single-handedly going to improve the ratings for the 2009 AMA's and ABC made a really smart decision by getting Adam Lambert to do the show this year. It's one of those things that is going to benefit both the performer and the network, as millions of Adam Lambert fans will be tuning in to see him for the first time since he left the American Idol stage. It will be interesting to see if other artists suddenly decide that they want to perform at the 2009 AMA's as well, knowing that the audience share is about to increase with this latest announcement. It's going to be a big Adam Lambert party on November 22nd, and the audience gets a free front row seat.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2281451/adam_lambert_performing_at_2009_american_pg2.html?cat=33
Quote :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The American Music Awards are really gonna be something special this year.

Not only is Michael Jackson up for a whopping six awards, none other than American Idol's Adam Lambert will be hitting the stage to perform his debut single from his new abum!

Lambert appeared on Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning to make the exciting announcement, saying:

"I want some dancing up there. I want some costumes. I want some fire. I really want it to be something to look at, something really, really exciting and over the top."

While he woudn't spill many details on the first single, he did say that its "something entirely different" from "Time for Miracles," the ballad he recorded for the upcoming disaster flick 2012.

He did describe the single as "glammy" and said that "We don't really have a specific date. Any day now. Stay tuned ... "

As for the rumors that he's planning to tour with Lady GaGa, he said that it's nothing more than a "fantastic" rumor.

"I don't think I'll be on tour as soon as she is. No offers have been made yet. I'm a huge fan of hers, and that would be a lot of fun."

http://www.celebuzz.com/adam-lambert-perform-amas-s144301/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

AMA In The Magazines
Page 1 of 1