Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty09.10.09 23:19

Quote :
As an Idoloonie, the fallow period from June-December has traditionally been a time for ennui, heartbreak, and disappointment. Year after year, we invest ourselves knee-deep in the hoopla (God help me for using that phrase) of taking back the power from short-sighted record labels and forcing them to sign artists who don’t need no stinkin’ autotune. After the confetti falls, though, even in the best of scenarios, we maybe get to witness one or two stops on the Idol summer tour, wallow in the realization that not all of our favorites are getting major-label deals (#signmattgiraud, bitches!), and then brace ourselves for the inevitable sad trombone of songs like Bo Bice’s “The Real Thing,” which have none of the verve or personality or power of the upstart singers we fell in love with on Fox’s ubiquitous talent search.

This year on Idol, however, runner-up Adam Lambert promised us that a change was gonna come. And it may just turn out the man was telling the truth. Indeed, hot on the heels of excellent singles from season 8 champ Kris Allen and third runner-up Allison Iraheta, a verrry brief snippet of Adam’s “Time for Miracles,” a cut from the upcoming 2012 soundtrack, is now streaming at Amazon.com UK, and it sounds like it has the potential to be a power-ballad smash. (For the record, a rep for Adam’s label says “Time for Miracles” won’t be the lead single from Adam’s forthcoming debut disc; a decision on which track they’ll ultimately choose will be made in the next couple of weeks.)

But getting back to the Amazon clip, it begins with an acoustic guitar line leading into the last line of a verse, with Adam declaring “So nothing can stop me from trying.” After that, the bombast kicks in — the kind of building, building, building, nod-your-head, power-chordian crescendo you’d expect from what’s rumored to be the closing-credits cut to the year’s big-budget apocalyptic disaster flick, starring John Cusack, Amanda Peet, and possibly the destruction of everything ever. Then we hear the start of the chorus — “Baby you know that maybe it’s time for miracles/ ‘Cause I ain’t givin’ up on love/ You know that maybe it’s time for miracles…” — which hints at what’s to come, but ultimately cuts off before Adam can really tear into the track with the kind of gale-force vocalizing his fans have been feverishly waiting to hear for weeks now. On the Adam Idol Scale ™️, “Time for Miracles” sounds like it’s got a little “Mad World” falsetto, a little “Slow Ride” growl, and perhaps the scope and grandeur of “One.” I’m going to reserve saying anything more till the full track makes its way to the internet, but for now, go forth and check out the 29-second leak (embedded below, or if YouTube pulls it, it’s streaming at Amazon UK), vote in our poll below, and then share your snap-judgment review in the comments section below. Oh, and do follow me on Twitter to get all my Idol-centric updates @EWMichaelSlezak. Yes, folks, I Tweet, therefore I am. trying to hang on to my youthful relevance. As for me, I’m going to take a cleansing breath, exhale deeply, and then raise the first alcoholic beverage I can get my hands on that no part of the beloved Kradison troika has been saddled with “No Boundaries”-esque pablum. That, in and of itself, proves it’s a time for miracles, no?

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/10/09/adam-lambert-time-for-miracles-leak/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty09.10.09 23:45

This is even better:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/2012-adam-lambert-music-video/2783600126

The AOL link won't embed. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty09.10.09 23:47

Didn't you get an email? It's on the Big Screen in The Rock God Office :!:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty10.10.09 9:12

Adam Lambert's new song 'Time for Miracles' is played on the background as scenes from movie '2012' roll out.

Quote :
Highly-anticipated song "Time for Miracles" from Adam Lambert which is chosen as the soundtrack for upcoming movie "2012 (2009)" has been clipped and its snippet has hit the web. While the track is played, scenes from the John Cusack-starring film are shown.

Beside offering "Time for Miracles" snippet and the movie's scenes, the video also features commentary from the runner-up of "American Idol" season 8. "We wanted to match how epic the film is. We want the song to really reach out and grab people by the heart. So, it's definitely the focus [the song]," he said.

There is no word on when the song will arrive in full. But, a representative for Adam's label confirms the track will not serve as the lead single from his upcoming studio album which is due for November 24 U.S. release. A music video for the song has been shot. The movie itself will arrive in theaters across the country on November 11.

Update:
"Time for Miracles" will be put out for purchase on Amazon on October 16.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00027882.html
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty10.10.09 9:14

Quote :
A significant segment of pop music fans seem to be waiting on pins and needles for any news of the release of new music from Adam Lambert, this year's flamboyant American Idol runner-up. Today we have a preview of "Time for Miracles," the song Adam Lambert has recorded for the epic disaster film 2012. It is available via AOL's Moviefone. Check out the sneak preview video below that includes footage of Adam Lambert singing in the studio. Watch and let us know what you think. The full song is scheduled to be available a week from today on October 16, 2009.

http://top40.about.com/?once=true&
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty10.10.09 13:42

Quote :

Last Thursday evening, an unprecedented advertising "roadblock" was booked by the marketing masterminds behind the upcoming sci-fi blockbuster 2012, during which a new and exclusive trailer for the film would air on 89-plus different television channels simultaneously. While action-flick buffs no doubt rejoiced at the prospect of seeing a lot of buildings and stuff being blown up CGI-style, many Adam Lambert buffs were even more excited over the rumor that Adam's about-to-blow-up theme song for the movie, "Time For Miracles," would be heard for the first time during the roadblock.

Well, that didn't happen. The 2012 trailer last week was unfortunately, agonizingly Adamless. And of course, many Glamberts wanted to angrily kick a stacked-heeled black leather YSL boot right through their TV screens. That wasn't a roadblock! It was an Adam block!

But now, eight excruciating days later, the time for "Time For Miracles" has finally arrived. A new (and of course improved) trailer featuring a snippet of the Glamerican Idol's much-hyped song has at long last leaked, and it's just the big, blustery, bombastic, Brian May-endorsed, Oscar-worthy, dancing-in-the-path-of-greatness, EPIC movie theme Adam fans hoped it would be.

Listen and prepare to have your face blown off, 2012-style:
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/274531/the-time-for-adam-lamberts-time-for-miracles-is-here/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty12.10.09 23:38

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/10/12/adam-lambert-time-for-miracles/

Quote :
Adam Lambert's 'Time For Miracles': First Reactions
Posted 1 minute ago by Jim Cantiello in Music

There has been a deafening buzz surrounding Adam Lambert's "Time for Miracles" ever since Queen guitarist Brian May wrote a gushing blog post about it over the summer. Impatient "Idol"-heads (myself included) began to theorize that the song — recorded for the upcoming disaster epic "2012" — must be the most amazing track ever committed to tape, considering it turned an elderly rock legend into a squeeing fangirl. (Welcome to the dark side, Brian May, but until you've drunk-tweeted one or several "Idol" contestants, you are no match for my "Idol" obsession.)

On Friday afternoon, Amazon posted a 30-second snippet of the song which included the end of a Bon Jovi-esque verse and the beginning of a soaring chorus with a hook to end all hooks. "Baby you know that/ Maybe it's time for miracles/ 'Cause I ain't giving up on us." (FYI: The chorus has been on repeat in my head for almost 72 hours, refusing to budge.)

Predictably, moments after the Amazon link spread, the internet exploded not only with overwhelming fan reaction but also quick, informal reviews of the song. Richard Rushfield (former Los Angeles Times "Idol" guru) proclaimed on Twitter, "Yet did I never breathe its pure serene Till I heard [Lambert] speak out loud and bold." EW's Michael Slezak said it puts the "edible in incredible," while Yahoo Music's Lyndsey Parker warned fans, "Prepare to have your face blown off, '2012'-style."

Just when "Miracle" mania couldn't get any greater, AOL posted an 86-second "Adam Lambert Music Teaser" featurette late Friday, which added fuel to an already-raging fire. Fan theories that the song would be epic were proven correct. Like any blockbuster closing credits ballad worth its weight in pomposity, "Time for Miracles" has key changes, "Kashmir"-like breakdowns and over-the-top vocal acrobatics. Score!

Lambert lovers trended "#timeformiracles" on Twitter well into Sunday, and "Idol" fan hubs like MJ's Big Blog were overwhelmed with comments that described physical reactions to the sneak peak. We're talking tears, shaking and cold sweats, folks. When's the last time you experienced that from a snippet of content? (Justin Bieber fans and Twilighters need not apply.)

I'd still like to hear the full song before I officially weigh in. For all we know, the verses could be about unicorns and magic rainbows. (It wouldn't be the first time an "Idol" contestant had to sing about such absurd things.) But what I am comfortable with saying at this point is that Adam Lambert's voice sounds nothing short of amazing, mind-blowing, brizzonculent. (I had to make up a word there, because I'm fairly certain there's no string of letters that could properly convey how awesome he sounds.) Even on, like, the 150th listen to the snippet, I still get dizzy when his voice slides on the line "I ain't givin' uuuuuup on us." Like buttah.

Even my "Idol"-bashing coworker [name redacted to prevent hate mail] was overcome with Lambertitis once he heard the preview. After lifting his jaw off the ground, he said in a daze, "That dude can blooooow." If Lambert can convert the biggest hater out there, forget miracles, friends. It's time for champagne!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty12.10.09 23:44

WOW.........amazing review......that Jim's a fan boy for sure.....

Loved this.........

Quote :
I'd still like to hear the full song before I officially weigh in. For all we know, the verses could be about unicorns and magic rainbows. (It wouldn't be the first time an "Idol" contestant had to sing about such absurd things.) But what I am comfortable with saying at this point is that Adam Lambert's voice sounds nothing short of amazing, mind-blowing, brizzonculent. (I had to make up a word there, because I'm fairly certain there's no string of letters that could properly convey how awesome he sounds.) Even on, like, the 150th listen to the snippet, I still get dizzy when his voice slides on the line "I ain't givin' uuuuuup on us." Like buttah.

Even my "Idol"-bashing coworker [name redacted to prevent hate mail] was overcome with Lambertitis once he heard the preview. After lifting his jaw off the ground, he said in a daze, "That dude can blooooow." If Lambert can convert the biggest hater out there, forget miracles, friends. It's time for champagne!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations   Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations Empty

Back to top Go down

Adam Lambert's 'Time for Miracles': 29-second leak may cause sweating, palpatations
Page 1 of 1