Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lambert's Fans Find A Good Reason To Fight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam Lambert's Fans Find A Good Reason To Fight Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lambert's Fans Find A Good Reason To Fight   Adam Lambert's Fans Find A Good Reason To Fight Empty01.09.09 18:24

Quote :

Adam Lambert has given his fans a really good reason to fight as they compete to raise the largest amount of money for the charity he has partered with, DonorsChoose.org.

In an interview with People, Adam Lambert talked about his very enthusiastic fans saying, "They get really competitive with each other,” adding, “I’m glad that we gave them something to fight over.”

It all started after he began receiving lots of gifts from fans after the American Idol finale, he explains: “I started getting gifts like crazy and people really starting to spend a lot of money on things for me.” Lambert adds, “I don’t need them to spend money on me. I’d rather they spend money on people in need, so I thought I would redirect that energy.”

DonorsChoose.org allows teachers to post what they need for specific school projects, and donors to choose which of them they wish to support with their donations. About the initiative, Adam Lambert says, “It seemed like such a convenient and really well thought-out way to help kids out in public schools, especially the kids in the arts programs, which is where I’m focusing my efforts.”

According to his tweet on August 30th, fans have helped raise over $67,000 dollars so far. Donations can be made at DonorsChoose.org/AdamLambert.

http://www.examiner.com/x-13143-West-Palm-Beach-Television-Examiner~y2009m9d1-Adam-Lamberts-fans-find-a-good-reason-to-fight
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Adam Lambert's Fans Find A Good Reason To Fight
Page 1 of 1