Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Telegraph

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

The Telegraph Empty
PostSubject: The Telegraph   The Telegraph Empty28.09.10 0:38

The Telegraph Esvvdk

American Music Awards:

Adam Lambert outrages viewers with X-rated AMA performance

The Telegraph Adam_l14

Anita Singh

Quote :

Lambert set out to shock with a risque routine which also saw him kissing a male band mate and walking two men in bondage gear across the stage on dog leads. He was singing his new release, For Your Entertainment.

After the performance, his first since American Idol, Lambert said: "I'm hoping people were entertained. For those who weren't, maybe I'm not your cup of tea."

If the show was to be censored for the West Coast broadcast, it would amount to "discrimination", he added, mentioning the famous MTV awards show in which Britney Spears and Madonna shared a kiss. "I don't mean to get political but Madonna, Britney and Christina weren't edited. It's a shame. Female entertainers have been risque for years. Honestly, there's a huge double standard."

Viewers did not see it that way, with many claiming that the performance was not fit for primetime television. The Federal Communications Commission, which regulates US television, was braced for complaints.

On Twitter and internet forums, Lambert's routine was described as "disgustingly vulgar" and "totaly inappropriate" for a time slot when children were watching. The broadcaster, ABC, also came in for criticism. "Has ABC lost their minds? How on earth do they think airing this is ok? I’m not at all impressed with Adam. More like disgusted," said one commenter on the Rolling Stone website.

Lambert posted a defiant message on his Twitter page, saying: "All hail freedom of expression and artistic integrity. Smile fans: I adore u."

His performance did not go entirely to plan - at one point he fell over on stage. It was not the night's only slip-up, as Jennifer Lopez also took a tumble during her performance.

The Telegraph Esvvdk

Adam Lambert on his AMA performance: 'People only complained because I'm gay'

Quote :

The American Idol star shocked the audience at the American Music Awards by simulating sex with a male dancer and kissing his male keyboard player. More than 1,500 people complained to ABC.

"I think it's because I'm a gay male and people haven't seen that before. I think some people were upset that I kissed a guy," he said.

A number of viewers complained that the sexually-charged display was inappropriate for children, but Lambert said that was not his problem.

"I think it's up to the parents what their child is watching on television," he said.

"I'm not a babysitter. I'm a performer."

Speaking on CBS's The Early Show, a defiant Lambert said viewers who complained had a problem with his sexuality. Other performers on the night were equally provocative but nobody complained about them.

"Lady GaGa smashing whisky bottles. Janet Jackson grabbed a male dancer's crotch. Eminem talked about how Slim Shady has 17 rapes under his belt. There was a lot of very adult material on the AMAs this year, and I know I wasn't the only one.

"If it had been a female pop peformer doing the moves on the stage I don't think there would have been nearly as much of an outrage at all. Janet Jackson - crotch grab - I haven't heard one peep about that."

Lambert said his most risque moves came "from an impromptu place", claiming: "Sometimes I forget there's a camera on."

Asked if he would do anything differently if he could do the show again, he replied: "I would sing it a little better."

The Telegraph Esvvdk

American Idol star Adam Lambert could be new Queen frontman

Quote :

Lambert said he would not rule out joining the group, formerly fronted by the late Freddie Mercury.

But the 27-year-old from California said in an interview that he would feel torn about joining the band.

"How do you say no to being in Queen?" said Lambert, "I mean, that's unbelievable. But at the same time, I do have my own thing to do right now, and that's my goal. So if I could, I would try to do both. That's the honest question. I would try to do both. I would love to perform with them anytime they wanted me to but I also have my record to do. So, we'll see."

Lambert, a former theatre actor, has ambitious plans for his debut album.

"My record will be kind of a rock-pop-electronic-dance thing," he said. "I don't know how to describe it. I think it's gonna take on a life of its own, as far as genre goes."

The album is in the very early stages and Lambert aims to co-write much of the material.

On American Idol Lambert was the resident glam rocker, staging elaborate, over-the-top performances and daring to don goth-inspired outfits with eyeliner on an otherwise family-style show.

"There's a way to take the glam rock of the '70s and the classic rock of the '70s and kind of modernize it. ... I want it to be produced in a very, very current, almost futuristic, way.

"So we're going to come up with something really fresh," he said.

The musical mix will include dacne numbers and more songs that "appeal to people that are going through a hard time or don't believe in themselves," he said.

"I want to communicate the liberation that is being comfortable in your own skin and that is being your own person," said Lambert, who has largely kept his personal life under wraps. "And the spirit of being different, and how strong that can make you feel."

Lambert also expressed a wish to work with Madonna, Lada GaGa and Katy Perry.

"Madonna would be amazing," he gushes. "I'd love to work with Madonna - I think she's a genius. She has great ideas. Lady GaGa is brilliant. She's got her finger on the pulse. She's the hot thing right now. Katy Perry's amazing, absolutely amazing."

The Telegraph 1
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

The Telegraph
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Adam Lambert In The UK :: Press-
Jump to: