Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If I Had You Video Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

If I Had You Video Reviews Empty
PostSubject: If I Had You Video Reviews   If I Had You Video Reviews Empty16.06.10 12:19

A Midsummer Night's Dream Meets a Rave in the Woods in Adam Lambert's Newest Video "If I Had You"

Quote :

Are those Na'vi in the woods? Or vampires? Maybe those are Aztec Indians with full feather headdresses dancing around in the woods? Was that Marie Antoinette I just saw? Or a woman spreading her feathered wings?

Yes and no. You have just entered the fantasy world of Adam Lambert's new video, "If I Had You". In the foggy woods entities gather for a summer party. I say "entities" because besides
the people there, the party is visited by light orbs streaking through the woods leaving light trails. Are those the lights of Tinkerbelle - or just spirits of the woods that flash through the party?

With the bluish purple aurora borealis in the background, dancers frolic through the woods in fantasy costumes, their skin changing colors from red to blue to green. Leather and feathers, gold top hats, and iridescent body paint combine with fantasy rave colors, flashes of fire and light, and lots of undulating bodies to create the backdrop to Adam Lambert's new video.

Adam's smile is so broad, his eyes so wide with glee that they almost verge on lunacy, and we suspect he is in some sort of altered state. He is so shot through with adrenalin that he can barely contain himself.

In top hat and tails, his black hair cut short on the sides, with extra long hair extensions in the back, Adam Lambert has the appearance of a cross between a mischievous Puck and a charming Peter Pan. He is obviously having a lot of fun with this video.

Never have I seen such a broad smile on Adam Lambert's face as in this video. It seems summertime has infused his soul with euphoria, playfulness, and a drive to party in the fullest summer sense of the word.

It's been a long time since the world has seen a video like this - if indeed we ever have. This is perhaps what we all need right now - a feel-good, upbeat, venture into the woods full of people obviously having a carefree summer party. It doesn't drag us down into darkness and somberness like some recent video releases have. It lifts us up, energizes us, and makes us want to run outside and play.

You can watch the video on Adam Lambert's official fan site, Adamofficial.com. I guarantee that every time you re-watch his newest video, you will see something different, something that you missed seeing the time before.

Bryan Barber directed the video, which was populated by Adam Lambert's real life friends and band. The video was shot overnight near Griffith Park in L.A. and debuted on June 14, 2010.

Adam Lambert is currently touring the country on his Glam Nation Tour, playing to sold-out audiences. Some are saying his tour is the best summer entertainment option this year. For tickets, see his official website or if a concert is sold out, try Stub Hub.

As the song "If I Had You" says, "It don't matter - all we need in this world is some love." Amen to that, Adam Lambert.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5489580/a_midsummer_nights_dream_meets_a_rave.html?singlepage=true&cat=33
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Adam Lambert's new music video- "If I Had You"   If I Had You Video Reviews Empty16.06.10 12:20

Quote :
A little over a month ago a casting call was posted for Adam Lambert's latest video shoot. The casting director was looking for people of every race, nationality, gender and sexual orientation. Auditioners should be creative, eccentric and have their own individual sense of style. Wardrobe, especially, should show one's artistic flair. The director was going for a Burning Man feel in middle of the woods.

These extras would be in addition to a select group Adam Lambert had already slotted for his third music video from the For Your Entertainment album. This time the song was "If I Had You". The lyrics speak clearly about "having it all"...fame, fortune and noteriety but how the "all" means nothing if you don't have a loving connection with family, friends and/or a romantic partner. That said, Lambert brought to the set some of his oldest and dearest friends, who like himself are members of various art tribes in and around the greater Los Angeles area. There were stilt walkers, fire-benders, dancers and acrobats. Veterans of Zodiac Show, Lucent Dossier and Burning Man came out for their friend in all their eclectic finery.

The entire group; old friends and new, band and film crew went on to spend a night in the woods of the 4200 acre Griffith Park in Los Angeles. The news and still shots that emerged over the next few days showed that Lambert along with director Bryan Barber, seemed to have achieved what Adam was going for...an atomoshpere of people coming together and sharing love and joy through their diversity. As the weeks have passed there have been some behind-the-scenes features which only increased the anticipation among Lambert's current fanbase. Then there was a release date issued only to have it pushed out as the video was still in post-production. Today it was finally unveiled.

"If I Had You" is camp, glitz, glam and performance art at its best. One can feel the positive energy that was created by the group that assembled for it. There is a genuine air of joy and connectivity. Lambert fits right into that group despite the fact that he is, obviously, the spotlighted performer in it. From this reporter's point of view, it is a great vehicle to sell this latest single and to get more people listening to and purchasing the album. The video when offered for purchase on iTunes should also do well based on preliminary responses from fans. It should also attract some new fans as well.

http://www.examiner.com/x-32278-Hartford-Music-Examiner~y2010m6d15-Adam-Lamberts-new-music-video-If-I-Had-You
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Adam Lambert "If I Had You" Official New Song   If I Had You Video Reviews Empty16.06.10 12:25

Quote :
Adam Lambert's new song "If I Had You" official music VIDEO has been released and it is from his For Your Entertainment album. The song itself is a catchy pop song that was definitely made to be played in dance clubs. It's high energy techno beats keep on wanting to dance all night.

If I Had You is musically very different from his other recent release, What do You Want From Me. This song can even be shuffled into a whole other genre of music but it is still distinctly Adam Lambert. In the video he occasionally wears a top hate and signs about wearing eyeliner aka guyliner.

Personally I don't have a favorite amongst the Adam Lambert songs I've thus far heard. They are all good in their own way (LOL! I sound like a mom trying to reassure her kiddies there's no favoritism)

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978303564
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Adam Lambert’s “If I Had You” Video: Blood Sugar Sex Magik Like Burning   If I Had You Video Reviews Empty16.06.10 13:10

Quote :

Adam Lambert’s new music video for “If I Had You” premieres and surprisingly enough we love it. Boy George! Twilight! The Lost Boys! Burning Man! Zodiac! All You Need is Love! Love! Love! Dancing! And WHITE PANTS!

Today Adam Lambert’s “If I Had You” video premiered and WE FUCKING LOVE IT, obviously. It’s basically a wild Burning Man-esque vampirey forest party of ecstasy, love and FIAR. The video features many of Glambert’s friends from his days in L.A.’s “Zodiac Show” as well as Allison Iraheta from American Idol and reminds us of lots of things, like Boy George and Vampires!

Although we personally like to believe that “If I Had You” is about how Adam Lambert would give up his ipad (or a similar piece of gadgetry), fame, fortune, etc. to be our boyfriend, Adam Lambert told MTV news that it’s actually about loftier things: “no matter what color your skin is, no matter what religion you are, no matter what your sexuality is… we can all party together. All this other stuff– money, success, fortune, fashion, glam — it’s all great but it doesn’t mean anything if you’re not connecting.”

Mhm. For example when Adam Lambert wears white pants, we connect.

If I Had You Video Reviews Adam-l65

Burn Baby Burning Man
Quote :

Adam Lambert had his big eye-opener about trying out for American Idol at the yearly Burning Man festvial, where Lambert saw “people living in this Utopian society” and found that idea “beautiful.” This sentiment is reflected in the If I Had You video, where we learn that Maseratis (a type of car apparently) and stripper heels (which are impossible to walk in) are unnecessary when you have the “neo-hippie movement,” bicycles and Love Love Love.

If I Had You Video Reviews Adam-l66

Adam Lambert, Karma Chameleon

Quote :

Adam Lambert is clearly channeling Boy George in this video by dressing exactly like him and donning Boy George hair. Even the makeup! It’s so perfect.

If I Had You Video Reviews Boy-ge10

Quote :

If you’re like 12 and live under a rock that was put over your head at birth, preventing you from knowing things about the past, Boy George is a British pop star (best known for “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?”, “The Crying Game” and “Karma Chameleon”) who, like Adam Lambert, was influenced by David Bowie and Iggy Pop and was gaaaaay. However, unlike Adam Lambert, Boy George reached a level of prominence in the 80’s when people weren’t really “out.” For example, Boy George’s boyfriend Jon Moss, the Culture Club’s drummer, was never comfortable being in a same-sex relationship with Boy George and had been married to a woman when the two first met. This under-the-radar relationship, among other destructive forces, made the inner workings of Culture Club really tumultuous and all this terrible stuff happened and Boy George became a heroin addict and his friend/co-writer OD’ed in Boy George’s apartment and Boy George was arrested and the whole thing was all quite sad & messy and the band broke up.

If I Had You Video Reviews Boy-ge11
Quote :

In many ways it was artists like Boy George who paved the way for artists like Adam Lambert to thrive unencumbered by the homophobia and conservative discomfort that made George/Moss’s relationship so difficult. (Well that wasn’t the ONLY thing that made it so difficult, you’ll have to watch Behind the Music for the full scoop) It’s awesome that Adam is paying tribute to him in this video. ‘Cause whereas Boy George was like “you’re making me cry, now I’m gonna do heroin,” Adam can be like “Holler look at my codpiece!

If I Had You Video Reviews Boy-ge12

Adommy ‘Shippers, Your Boat Has Arrived
Quote :

Also, um, this song is (maybe) about how if Adam had the man he loved, he wouldn’t need money, fame, fortune or twitter. Everyone knows Boy George’s songs were often about Jon. Obviously this would have to be subconscious as this song was written eons ago in Glambert-Time but MAYBE JUST MAYBE Adam is channeling Boy George here because of the secret love burning between Adam Lambert and Tommy the (“straight”) bassist! You know, you saw them kiss at the AMAs (our Second-Favorite Moment of 2009) (Adam sticking that guy’s head in his crotch is our First-Favorite Moment of 2009. Same night, same place.). YEAH AMIRITE? Probs not. But I expect at least ten angry comments. Any less than that and I’ll be disappointed.

If I Had You Video Reviews 1-600p10

Mainline my Heart
Quote :

Furthermore on this Boy George tip, Adam’s saying that “there’s a thin line between a good time and a flatline,” which Riese thinks means “sometimes you have so much fun, you have to be careful not to accidentally die!” but everyone else thinks means, “all we need is love, there is no need to OD and die.”

The Illuminati

Also Adam is giving us the sign of the Illuminati:

If I Had You Video Reviews 2-600p10

Sleep All Day. Party All Night. It’s Fun to be a Vampire.
Quote :

This video is everything our music editor Crystal loves about the world: Vampires and excessively studded leather.

Q: Crystal what do you think is the “right amount of leather”?
A: 50% minimum.

Did you see The Lost Boys? Well you should, because it’s a super-important vampire movie from the 80’s, and a lot of it takes place in the forest and there are mullets involved, kinda like this movie!

If I Had You Video Reviews Lost-b10

Quote :

Did you see Twilight? Crystal did, she loved it even though Riese thinks it’s Mormon abstinence propaganda:

If I Had You Video Reviews Twilig10

Quote :

In conclusion, this is clearly a video about love, sex, bloodsugarmagik, with extra crazy-sexy-cool. Adam gets to dance, wear hot outfits, and play homage to the homosexy stars of the 80’s, all while still managing to make Crystal think about Twilight: New Moons Over my Hammy. Bravo, Adam Lambert! BTW if we had you, poverty, irrelevance and debt never could compete.

http://www.autostraddle.com/adam-lamberts-if-i-had-you-video-blood-sugar-sex-magic-48681/
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Adam Lamberts Videos Reveals Where The Wild Things Are   If I Had You Video Reviews Empty16.06.10 13:15

Quote :
The lyrics for Adam Lambert’s latest single, “If I Had You,” suggest decadent scenes in nightclubs and hotels and assorted urban glamor stations. But for the corresponding video, which hit the Web yesterday, the unrepentant imp/American Idol season 8 runner-up takes the song’s “life would be a party, it’d be ecstasy” lyrics and transports them to a forest setting. It’s like a mashup of Where the Wild Things Are, Xtina’s “Dirrty” video, and a light splash of Avatar. (Seriously. It’s set in the woods, and Adam has a big, crazy mullet-braid/Na’vi thingamajig, and there are enchanted glowing streamers all over the place, no?) That smirk at the very end of the video puts an exclamation point on Adam’s “get down or get out” message: Groove things will be shaken. Magical light will swirl overhead. Wigs will be donned. Shoulder pads will sprout like sea anemones. And plushies will rise from the mist. Plus, Adam’s Idol kid sister Allison Iraheta and possibly that Ke$ha person will arrive on the scene for the sole pleasure of dancing in the background. (The red-headed rocker, who I am mildly-to-moderately obsessed with, first gets her shimmy on at the 2:40 mark; the “Blah Blah Blah” singer, who barely exists on my pop-culture radar, is not important enough to warrant any time-stamp GPS action. In fact, are we 100 percent certain she’s in this video?)

Unlike Adam’s last clip, the artist-in-conflict internalized soap opera “Whataya Want from Me,” there’s nothing deep going on here, unless you count Mr. Lambert revealing the step-kick-strut maneuver of his “signature walk.” But with his silver ringleader’s hat, Adam jauntily portrays himself as a commanding master of freaky-deaky ceremonies, an astute move that carries the not-so-subliminal message of “Buy yourself (and your friends) some tickets for my ongoing Glam Nation tour! A glittery good time will be had by all!” And what’s more, the clip managed to make me forget (momentarily, anyway) that “If I Had You” is one of my least favorite tracks on Lambert’s For Your Entertainment set. I won’t turn this into a tirade asking his label why it didn’t choose “Sleepwalker” or “Strut” or the absolutely delectable “Fever” as Adam’s summer radio offering — I know, I know, that last-named track contains the lethal (!) pronoun “he”! Le gasp! — and instead I’ll turn the chatter over to you. What do you think of the “If I Had You” video? Does Adam have a megahit on his hands? Hash it out in the comments below!

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/06/15/adam-lambert-if-i-had-you-video/
Back to top Go down
Carol
Admin
Carol

PostSubject: Re: If I Had You Video Reviews   If I Had You Video Reviews Empty16.06.10 20:06

Quote :
That Adam Lambert is quite the quick-change artist. On "American Idol" he fluctuated wildly week to week between mellow white-suited acoustic numbers and crotch-thrusting all-out rock-godliness, and in his post-"Idol" career he's continually switched it up as well. The video for his first For Your Entertainment single, the album's slinky title track, was a study in (s)excess, with a PVC-sheathed, corseted Madam engaging in bi-curious ménage a quatorze makeout sessions and playing with green serpents in some sort of murky subterranean love den. Then in the video for "Whataya Want From Me" he was sedate, wanting nothing more than to read a book in peace or nap beneath high-threadcount sheets in his tastefully appointed bachelor-pad penthouse. And now, in his new video for the summer club banger "If I Had You," Glambert is thrillingly up to his decadent old tricks.

Unlike the pensive "Whataya Want From Me" video, which seemed to explore Adam's love/hate relationship with the paparazzi and struggle with newfound fame, "If I Had You" has no real serious message--other than the fact that, to quote Adam's obvious role model Madonna, music makes the people come together. Sure, the song's lyrics have something to do with how Adam would presumably give up all the bright lights and platinum albums to be with his one true love, but he's having waaaay too awesome of a time in this ravey video to deliver that message convincingly. Come on, would Adam really walk away (or strut away) from all this fun?

"If I Had You" is basically one big Bacchanalian blowout. Adam fabulously rocks a horsetail mullet, Willy Wonka/Marc Bolan top hat, and his signature shoulder-spikes (which have grown so tall and unwieldy they seem about to impale him--careful Adam, you'll poke your guylinered eye out!), while he is joined by "girls in stripper heels," probably some boys in stripper heels too, leatherslaves, circus freaks, club kids, glampires, glitterbabies, Sid & Marty Krofft puppets, centaurs, Allison Iraheta, Cassidy Haley, et al in a Twilight-style woodsy setting for some good dirty fun. You know that Bill Hader skit from Saturday Night Live where finger-sniffing, totally-tripping Stefon gives his twisted guide to underground nightlife? It's kind of like that. In the best possible way.

Yep, that's it. As Adam might say himself, it's not that deep. But that's just fine--after all, whataya want from a perfect sexy, sweaty summer video but good times, semi-nudity, and block-rockin' beats? In "If I Had You," it's like Adam transplanted all his Burning Man festivities from the desert to the forest...and trust me, if a tree fell in this forest, no one would probably hear it, due to all the loud pansexual partying going on.

So get your boots on--plus the right amount of leather, of course--do yourself up with a black-color liner, and trash your room till it's 10 in the morning to the party-hardy video below!

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/368299/adam-lambert-gets-the-party-restarted-in-decadent-if-i-had-you-video/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I Had You Video Reviews   If I Had You Video Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

If I Had You Video Reviews
Page 1 of 1