Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idol Rigged America Deaf *Adam Mention*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Idol Rigged America Deaf   *Adam Mention* Empty
PostSubject: Idol Rigged America Deaf *Adam Mention*   Idol Rigged America Deaf   *Adam Mention* Empty08.06.10 6:28

Quote :
In this special feature, Matt Molgaard reflects on AMERICAN IDOL, which wrapped it's 9th Season just under two weeks ago...

First and foremost, congratulations are in order to Lee DeWyze. An underdog throughout the majority of the show, Lee ended up walking away with the title of American Idol. You can sing, you’re pretty handy with a six string, and you’re a humble kid, so congrats, and good luck to you.

Where does this leave general season favorite Crystal Bowersox, and what does she now have in common with Adam Lambert, Clay Aiken, and Blake Lewis? Well first off, it leaves in her in a nice comfy position; there’s zero doubt that countless record labels have already obliterated her door offering (most likely) very lucrative contracts. As for the latter question: like Lambert, Aiken and Lewis, she lost to an inferior musician and performer.

I take nothing away from Kris Allen (Who released the best album produced by an Idol winner to date, in my humble opinion), Ruben Studdard (who should be extremely marketable), or Jordin Sparks (who has about as much charisma as a can of paint, I‘m sorry to say), they are all indeed very talented. However, they were all gifted shocking wins by either a corrupt Idol judging system, or a country invaded by deaf American Idol fans. Either way you shake it, it’s awfully fishy.

I must iterate the fact that I mean no disrespect toward Lee DeWyze; the often timid Idol winner has an abundance of potential, and I’m interested in seeing what musical path he ends up traveling. Furthermore, Lee DeWyze has nothing to do with votes, or tallying - his job is to put the time in practicing, and hit the stage once a week to sing his heart out. He did his job, and he did it well.

That doesn’t alter the fact that it’s practically become predictable: two finalists, underdog guarantee. It’s challenging to buy into this trend. America loves the come-from-behind-kid, but doesn’t America care about the superior talent? And if America isn’t truly to blame, just who the hell is (no accusations, but a quick note to parents: perhaps you could keep Idol numbers off your 12 year old daughters cell phone? Text limiting is an idea too)?

I suppose I can walk away from this entertainment debacle with a little sense of comfort; Simon’s out of there, which leaves no reason to tune in to American Idol any longer.

Matt Molgaard is a self proclaimed mixed martial arts historian, extreme horror hound, writer and long time musician (under the stage name Instant Legend). In 1999 the decision was made to venture into the musical realm which not only created quite an obsession, but also led to deep interests in cinema and, ultimately writing. A laundry list that's kept the California native busy for more than a decade.

After recording and releasing multiple independent albums, fate gave way to a career as a part time journalist, and avid writer. Suture Magazine, Fangoria Online, Gorezone Online, and MMAnews are amongst some of the publications to feature Molgaard's work. Meanwhile Kikaxemusic.com now acts as a mainstay for the young writer, although the musical journey continues on. "Cohesive", the new album from Instant Legend and Midiflash is currently slated to be released later this year.
Follow Matt at http://instantlegend.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Idol Rigged America Deaf *Adam Mention*
Page 1 of 1