Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I’d love to work with Christina Aguilera - Adam Lambert tells TT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

I’d love to work with Christina Aguilera - Adam Lambert tells TT Empty
PostSubject: I’d love to work with Christina Aguilera - Adam Lambert tells TT   I’d love to work with Christina Aguilera - Adam Lambert tells TT Empty30.04.10 21:10

Quote :
So you’ve been introduced to Adam Lambert, and you’ve asked him your questions, so it would make sense for us to start giving you some answers. Unfortunately it’s 8pm on Friday night here at teentoday.co.uk, and sense is just not something we deal with. Besides which, Eastenders is on. Our interview with Adam is in two parts, and we’ll get on to the bit where he answers a few of your questions after the weekend. Until then, you’ll have to be content with this half of the interview where he tells us about his new tour, going back to American Idol, that AMA performance and who he’d like to work with next.

Hi Adam, it’s Laura calling from teentoday.co.uk. How are you?
I’m good, how are you doing?

I’m very well thank you, very excited to be talking to you.
[without a hint of irony] Likewise!

It’s such a shame you can’t be here…
Yeah I know – blame the volcano!

So where are you?
I’m at home in LA, having a cup of coffee. It’s nice to be home.

You were back on American Idol last week – how was that?
It was great, it was like a homecoming. It was so cool to see the crew and the judges and everybody that worked on the show. My experience there was really positive and exciting…it was great seeing so many familiar faces.

Was it weird being a guest this time round as opposed to a contestant?
Yeah, totally surreal. I was sitting in the audience with my mom on the performance night when the contestants did their songs, and she was like: “this is what it was like sitting here watching you!” so it was really interesting to be on the other side of things, it was really funny.

Did the judges treat you any differently when you were back?
A little bit, yeah. Kara and I actually worked together on my album, she helped to write Strut, we wrote that together. We got to know each other really well and during every commercial break she would run over and hug me. She’s really great, I love her. It was great to see Randy, he’s such a music lover, and a great producer and great to see Simon and shake his hand. Then there was Ellen, whose show I have been on a couple of times, it was great seeing her and being like: “oh yeah, you’re here now too!”

What’s Simon like, off-camera? He seems quite scary, is he a bit of a pussycat really?
He’s a gentleman really. He’s classy. I like that.

We thought you were pretty honest when you were giving feedback to the contestants; was that something that you wished you had had more of?
Yeah. I have no filter, I’m an open book. I felt that it was something very important to bring to the table as a mentor. Just to be real and honest, and to try and help them. That’s what the contestants really need at this point, they need somebody to be like: “Yo, you should try this!” I just wanted to be as helpful as possible.

I don’t want to dwell on it for too long because I’m sure you’ve answered hundreds of questions on it already, but the AMA performance. Was it all a storm in a teacup?
Haha, I like that phrase! It was a little bit of an overreaction, I didn’t see that coming, or realise that it would be such a problem for some people…but all in all, I think it’s all blown over and at this point, I’m like, I did what I did and I have no apologies to make, and I learned a lot from the experience…

What did you learn?
Well, if I could take something away from it…er…[deep in thought] I’ve said it before, but I think I’d sing the song a bit better [laughs] I stand by my choices artistically but I think from a technical, singer’s point of view, I could have been better.

I think something that a lot of people didn’t take into account was that Lady Gaga was performing that night as well, so you were up against something spectacular already in terms of the actual performance. Was that something you were conscious of, or was it kind of like: “Whatever, I’m Adam Lambert, I have this in the bag”?
Yeah! Usually the latter response is how I operate [laughs]. I did see Lady Gaga’s performance and I loved it, I thought she was incredible, so it was kind of a heightened sense of: “I’ve gotta do my damndest here to make my mark.”

Well, you definitely did that.
[laughs] I did!

Speaking of Lady Gaga, she’s actually contributed to your album - which is out here in a couple of weeks [now on Monday] – along with this whole host of absolutely incredible people…I imagine they were all banging down your door to get involved with your album?
It was an amazing collection of producers and writers, I am so fortunate to have been able to work with such a roster at this point in my career. It’s made the album what it is, and I’m really proud of it – I was so lucky to work with these people.

Is there anyone who you didn’t work with who you’d like to in the future?
I would like to sing with Christina Aguilera.

Would you?!
Yeah. I’ve been a fan of hers since I was a teenager and when she first came out, we were around the same age, I just…I think she’s incredible. There’s really no one who can match those vocals. I think it would be really fun to sing with her. She’s a powerhouse.

Would you be quite nervous meeting her, especially having idolised her from a young age…
I don’t think I’d be nervous seeing her. I definitely think I’d be intimidated singing with her.

http://www.teentoday.co.uk/article/id-love-to-work-with-christina-aguilera-adam-lambert-000/
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk
Carol
Admin
Carol

I’d love to work with Christina Aguilera - Adam Lambert tells TT Empty
PostSubject: Part 2........   I’d love to work with Christina Aguilera - Adam Lambert tells TT Empty05.05.10 13:10

Quote :

You asked your questions, at AT LONG LAST, we give you some answers. Before we get to the good bit, we have two bits of bad news. First off, we couldn’t ask all of your questions. Adam Lambert is a very busy man, but besides which - and to be quite frank - if we had asked him some of the questions you lot had submitted for him, we would have found ourselves with a restraining order. We’re mentioning no names here, but the person who asked if they could have his pants: we’re looking at you. We’ve also reserved a glare for the person asking for Adam’s MSN details. Can’t blame you for trying.

The second bit of bad news is that before we get to your questions, you’re going to have to read a borderline-obsessive Muse fan interrogate Lambert on one of the songwriters for his album. Interesting if you’re a Muse fan; not so much if you’re not. Let us know your thoughts on the interview in the comments. Hit ‘see more’.

I was really excited to hear the song that Matt Bellamy wrote for your album called Soaked. I know you’re a big Muse fan, so it must be quite an honour to you, knowing that that’s the first time that he’s written a song for someone that he hasn’t performed on?
I was blown away that Muse gave me a track. I was working with an A&R guy that brought it to me and I thought: “This is so epic that they’re giving me a song.” I am a huge fan, and I was honoured. Honoured that they wanted me to sing something. It’s definitely one of the tracks on the album that cuts out a different path for me. It’s very different, it’s very… it’s its own thing. It really solidifies the musicianship of the album.

Have you spoken to Matt since you did it?
I haven’t. I haven’t got to meet him yet actually. I was supposed to be in Vegas last week, and I was getting ready for the concert, but it had been two long days of performances, and a whole day of mentoring on Idol, and I was so tired, I just couldn’t make it to the concert, I was so sad. I was so angry because I haven’t seen them live yet and I really wanted to see them but I was literally… I started to get dressed and I was just like: “I can’t! I’m exhausted, I have to be responsible here and put myself to sleep!”

They’re doing a stadium tour across Europe this summer, would you ever support them on one of those dates?
I hope so!

Are you going to be touring in the UK any time soon?
I don’t know, I hope so. I’m in the midst of planning a tour here in the States, and it’s something that I’m really excited about because as much as it is a musical experience, I also want it to be visual and interactive and theatrical. Hopefully if it goes well and we have a good time, and hopefully if the album does well in Europe, then we can take the tour over there. Let’s hope for the best!

We mentioned on Twitter that we were going to be interviewing you, and someone told us that you’d said the tour is going to be “interactive and environmental.” Is that right?
Yeah, I want the audience to really feel like a part of it. I want it to be atmospheric… I want to create a world for the audience to step into for a couple of hours.

Have you got anything in particular planned that you can tell us about?
Nope! It’s still under wraps [laughs] It will be great though.

We’ve got some questions from some fans for you. First of all, what’s your favourite song of all time?
[long pause] Hmm. I’m not great with favourites [laughs]

I’m like that, I have a list of about seven or eight…
Yeah. I don’t think I can pick one anything! I’m not good at that.

This next question comes in two parts. First of all, who is your absolute idol?
Freddie Mercury. Or Michael Jackson.

If you saw either Freddie or Michael murder someone, then run away, would you report them to the police, or pretend you hadn’t seen anything?
Oh wow, that’s a good question [long pause] I don’t know.

If it was me, I’d pretend I hadn’t seen anything - anything to make sure they didn’t stop making music.
[Laughs]

We’ve had a few people get in touch and say they were worried about you because you haven’t tweeted in a few days, and they just wanted to check you were okay still…
[laughs] I’m fine!

What’s a night out like with you and Ke$ha?
She’s a blast. She’s got such a good spirit and she is rock and roll in the way she does things! I love it.

What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Hmm… I usually make a cup of coffee.

If you could ask a higher power one question, what would you ask?
What’s next? That’s what I would ask a higher power.

Your suitcase has been lost. What one thing in there are you most upset about losing?
My jewellery! I love my jewellery!

Is that for the sentiment, or the actual fact that it’s expensive?
It’s all sentimental! I remember where I got everything and I’m fortunate enough to receive a lot of gifts from my fans and I wear a lot of it. They send me a lot of rings and cool necklaces and I just try to decorate myself!

What’s your favourite song on the album?
Again with the favourites, I really can’t pick!

It’s like picking a favourite child.
Yeah! They’re all my favourites.

Finally, if you could change one thing that had happened to you over the last year, what would it be?
Nothing. I have no regrets. I’ve had an amazing experience.

Thank you Adam

Adam’s debut album For Your Entertainment is out now.
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

I’d love to work with Christina Aguilera - Adam Lambert tells TT
Page 1 of 1