Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Siobhan Magnus Calls Adam Lambert Comparisons 'Wicked Flattering'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Siobhan Magnus Calls Adam Lambert Comparisons 'Wicked Flattering' Empty
PostSubject: Siobhan Magnus Calls Adam Lambert Comparisons 'Wicked Flattering'   Siobhan Magnus Calls Adam Lambert Comparisons 'Wicked Flattering' Empty29.04.10 21:33

Quote :

If Siobhan Magnus' "American Idol" elimination came as a shock to her -- like it did to many of those watching, her family included -- she's not showing it. The 19-year-old was all class in an interview with reporters this afternoon, where she talked about everything from being a fan of Courtney Love and Rob Zombie to her Broadway and horror movie aspirations, and of course, the question on everyone's mind -- how did she learn to hit those crazy high notes?

Magnus also had nothing but kind words for last season's runner-up Adam Lambert, who mentored Elvis week and to whom she was often compared to for her daring outfits and theatrical performances, usually punctuated with a piercing high note to wow the crowd. Here's what Magnus had to say about her memorable "Idol" run, and what she dreams of doing next.

Are you disappointed that the judges' save was used on Michael Lynche before it could have potentially been used to save you?

Siobhan Magnus: No, not at all, because I couldn't imagine it not being used on Mike. That was so shocking, that there was the chance of him going home that week. You know, it would have been cool if that didn't have to happen, but I have faith that everything happens for a reason, and I couldn't be luckier, I think, to be where I'm at and to have gotten this far. I love Mike to death and it's awesome that he's still in it.

Now that you're gone, who do you think will win "American Idol"?

Siobhan Magnus: It's so hard to say…I know the last thing you want to hear is, "Oh, I don't know, it could be anybody," but it heavily depends on the coming themes. Sometimes some people are more comfortable with one theme. I think they all deserve to be there, and I think that whoever it is that comes out on top, it'll be for the right reasons. I can honestly picture any one of them as the winner at this time.

What was it like being compared to Adam Lambert?

Siobhan Magnus: It was wicked flattering being compared to him right off the bat. I just respect him so much for his individuality and his confidence, and his stage presence is just tremendous -- it's undeniable that he's born to do what he's doing. He was extremely helpful as a mentor because he was the first mentor the show ever had that was a past contestant, so he knew firsthand what it was like to be in our shoes. The things he said were just so dead on.

When did you first realize that you could hit such high notes?

Siobhan Magnus: I'm pretty sure I figured out how to do that in the shower in high school one night. I'm an avid shower singer, much to the dismay of my family and my neighbors. I was singing a Kelly Clarkson song, and I went to hit one note and I reached it. Ever since I figured it out, I started to use it more and more...A particular time that it came in handy [was when] I was singing with my friend's band, and we did "Great Gig in the Sky" by Pink Floyd. I had a blast just wailing those huge notes in a battle of the bands, and we won.

What do you admire about your fellow "Idol" finalists who are still in the competition?

Siobhan Magnus: I think every single contestant is extremely respectable. When Mike saved himself a couple weeks ago…he knew at that moment that he had to sing for his life, and he couldn't have done a better job. Michael and Crystal being apart from their babies, I've witnessed firsthand how hard that is for them. The respect I have for Aaron, being his age and going through this is just tremendous. I can't even imagine going through this when I was 16 going on 17. He has to go to school every day, too, and he has homework on top of it all…he's just such an amazing kid. Lee is incredible, and he's a brilliant musician. Casey, he won't back down about putting down his guitar because that's who he is. They're all just so ambitious and strong and intelligent, and I adore them all.

You've said that Courtney Love is one of your favorite female artists and that you also admire Rob Zombie. Is this the musical direction you'd like to take, and do you think it could cause a bit of nervousness among some of your fans?

Siobhan Magnus: It easily could. I can understand that being a cause of concern, but my tastes are in no way limited to that style of music. I love every kind of music that moves me...from jazz, soul, R&B and blues, to rock and punk. Oldies, big band, I love everything. I'll hopefully be able to create something that is my own sound but that also takes from everything I love, not just Courtney Love and Rob Zombie.

What else would you like to do next?

Siobhan Magnus: I'd love to do some more theater. I love acting, and I've had a lot of experience in different kinds of theater. I do aspire someday to be in something like "Phantom of the Opera" or "Jesus Christ, Superstar," because I love acting and singing and the two of them together is just so much fun. I'm also a huge horror movie fan, and I definitely aspire to make an appearance in a wicked gory kind of horror film. A big dream of mine, since all of my brothers and sisters are very artistic, would be to collaborate with all of them. We can all come together and create a Magnus work of art.

How will you celebrate your homecoming in Cape Cod?

Siobhan Magnus: I can't wait to see everybody, and I'm sure we'll have a big family dinner, if not many. Family dinner for us means at least 30 people sitting down to dinner, and babies, and people of all ages. I can't wait to see my cat and give her a big kiss, and my dog and everybody -- it'll be great.

Any last words for your fans?

Siobhan Magnus: I just want to say thank you to everyone who ever believed me and supported me, and even thank you to the people who were naysayers, because that made me fight harder to get to the point that I made it to. I have the coolest fans, all the Siobhan-bons and Siozombies..it's been such a wild ride, and it's not over; it's just a new chapter. I hope to take this as an opportunity to start to think even more about what's next for me, which hopefully is going to be an array of things from theater to film to recording -- and performing all over the place, for whoever wants to hear me scream.

http://www.billboard.com/news/idol-q-a-siobhan-magnus-calls-adam-lambert-1004087728.story?tag=hpfeed#/news/idol-q-a-siobhan-magnus-calls-adam-lambert-1004087728.story?tag=hpfeed
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Siobhan Magnus Calls Adam Lambert Comparisons 'Wicked Flattering'
Page 1 of 1