Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mya Meet Adam Lambert

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Mya Meet Adam Lambert Empty
PostSubject: Mya Meet Adam Lambert   Mya Meet Adam Lambert Empty02.12.09 14:34

I watch this and couldn't help thinking that the judges wanted Mya to win. Donny Osmond was a crush of mine so I wanted him to win.........and he did. The voters put him at the top and now they are comparing Mya's shock defeat to Adams on A.I.
Quote :

OK, that might be a little exaggeration, but just the same, one can't help but be reminded of Adam Lambert when Donny Osmond won Dancing with the Stars, relegating perennial frontrunner Mya to second place and season sweetheart Kelly Osbourne to third.

Of course, no one needs to be reminded that Dancing with the Stars is a popularity contest, with popular votes accounting for half the judges' scores. That, however, doesn't make it right. It doesn't make it acceptable, because Mya is as clear as day the most talented technical dancer this season.

Or maybe it does because that's exactly the nature of a show like Dancing with the Stars, but just the same, it doesn't make it easier to stomach. Besides, right and acceptable are arbitrary concepts. Almost two points separate the averages of Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson and Mya and Dmitry Chaplin (by the way, Donny and Kym's average are dead-tied with Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough).

Cases in point: last season, runner-up Gilles and Cheryl also beat out eventual winner Shawn and Mark in terms of averages, but what can you do about it. In season 5, Mel & Maksim also had a higher average than winner Helio & Julianne albeit by a smaller margin, but you get the picture.

On hindsight, Mya's dancing experience, no matter how little and different it had been, may have brought her more harm than good. Yet to the fans of Mya, Kelly, and even Joanna (or perhaps Derek), it's a consolation: the best and most deserving don't always win. Susan Boyle was on Dancing with the Stars recently - take a hint.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/dancing-with-the-stars-mya-mee-32895.aspx
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Mya Meet Adam Lambert
Page 1 of 1