Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Adam The Victim Of A Witchhunt?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Is Adam The Victim Of A Witchhunt? Empty
PostSubject: Is Adam The Victim Of A Witchhunt?   Is Adam The Victim Of A Witchhunt? Empty02.12.09 2:14

Quote :
Adam Lambert's new album, For Your Entertainment, debuted at #66 on the Billboard 200 last week, but has since been removed from the chart altogether.

It seems his fellow American Idol alums, David Archuleta, Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, and Kris Allen are all eclipsing Adam in album and singles sales this holiday season.

Commenters are screaming censorship.

One commenter on Billboard said, "Please update the information for this album. It showed on [the[ charts, now it doesn't? What are the sales? Why the confusion? Are you confusing the single and the album by the same title? This is the best overall album in years! Adam is a unique performer and we want to hear and see lots more from him in the future.

Another commenter was more straightforward, saying, " STOP CENSORING ADAM LAMBERT, you fascists!!! I WANT TO SEE HIS CHART RESULTS!".

This comes on the heels of news that Disney-owned ABC's head of television Anne Sweeney said the network is "reviewing the steps it takes in preparing for live broadcasts of performers" following Adam's notorious November 22nd performance on the network's American Music Awards, which has garnered both praise and criticism. Sweeney told Reuters, "We certainly don't want to suppress artistry at any level, but we also have to be very cognizant of who our audience is."

As of today, Adam's debut album, For Your Entertainment, has fallen to the #27 spot on Amazon's top 100 downloads. The single For Your Entertainment has fallen out of the top 100 downloads altogether. On iTunes, For Your Entertainment (both the album and the single) have taken a similar nosedive.

How much does anti-Adam sentiment play into this? Well, apparently, a lot. A Facebook group called "1,000,000 to File an FCC Obscenity Complaint Against Adam Lambert" has gained a following of about 500 this past week (however, many of them are LGBT people who joined in solidarity to speak out supporting Adam, and to report the group for spreading hate speech). Some members have "Yes on Prop 8 " logos as their profile picture.

The group says, "We are organizing over 1 million people to file an online complaint with the FCC against Adam Lambert using the following statement - Adam Lambert committed several obscene homosexual acts when he French kissed another man, simulated receiving oral sex from another man, groped another mans genitals, and committed other obscene sexual acts during his live televised performance on the American Music Awards Show which was aired live on national television November 22nd, 2009 on ABC."

Adam told Ellen DeGeneres on her show, "I suppose part of what I got caught up in, that I forgot, was that this was the first time people were seeing me on TV again after Idol. I didn't really think about that as objectively as I might of wanted to." He added, "It was maybe a little too far."

Adam told Ellen that his father told him to consider making an apology, to which Adam responded, "I don't feel like I did anything wrong, it just wasn't maybe the right judgment call. It's a taste thing more than an obscenity thing. I think it's just a taste level."

Whatever controversy Adam has stirred up, it seems to be working to help him build a cult of personality. He admitted to CNN International today the he grew up an "ugly duckling fat kid', once weighing 250 pounds, and said his flashy behavior of late is his way of overcoming self-image problems.

And this should give him a boost (or maybe not): According to Access Hollywood, Barbara Walters has named Adam one of the "10 Most Fascinating People of 2009," which seems to be a dubious distinction, since Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and Jenny Sanford, wife of disgraced South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, also made the cut. Jenny Sanford has told reporters that gay marriage wrecked her family. Barbara's show airs December 9 on NBC (check local listings).
Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Is Adam The Victim Of A Witchhunt?
Page 1 of 1