Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Adam Lambert News : 9th August 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin

PostAdam Lambert News : 9th August 2014

Adam Lambert Doesn’t Think
Cultural Appropriation Is That Big Of A Deal

'A new, open minded/hearted generation is on the rise.'

Althea Legaspi of MTV wrote:
Cultural appropriation is a sensitive topic. It’s spurred a ton of backlash lately, like when Khloe Kardashian decided it would be cool to wear a Native American headdress or when Pharrell also wore one on the cover of Elle.

Is it okay for people who aren’t of a specific culture to still use elements from it? Well, Adam Lambert thinks it isn’t as big a deal as some people make it out to be.

This week, he took to Twitter to discuss his thoughts on the appropriation of a slightly different strain: that of LGBT culture.

He began the discussion by writing about the blending of cultures........read more

Lovely Adam Lambert on audience ‘surprise’
& why he uses fame for good

[/size]

Martin Lamont of Unreality TV wrote:
Adam Lambert has spoken out about the audiences he witnessed as he recently performed across North America with legendary rock band Queen.

The vocal powerhouse has also revealed that he has big plans for the next year, many of which involve using his talent to raise awareness and inspire people. Head inside for all the details….

The tour of North America with Queen may be over but there are still other parts of the world including Australia and New Zealand who are counting down the days until they get to witness the magic on-stage.

Lambert spoke with The Backlot and revealed that one thing he loves to do, is take a minute to stare into the crowd and enjoy the diversity of the audience...........read more

As an out celebrity I want to use my voice
to raise awareness and influence people'

Quote :
Vocal powerhouse Adam Lambert has revealed that as an out music star, he feels an obligation to stand up for the community and do as much as possible to help relevant causes.

Speaking to The Backlot in a new interview, the sensation explained that he wants to use his celebrity for good and tries to be as involved in raising awareness for issues he thinks are important as possible:

"I always want to have something going in that realm, I think it’s really important. I’m a celebrity because of what I do, my talent, I think, that’s first and foremost, but as an out celebrity I have this great opportunity to try and influence people, or open their minds, or give them strength, in both the gay community or the mainstream straight community."

"I just think it’s exciting to be able to be in that position, and so I always try to have something going on, and yeah, I think if it feels right, I go with that one."

''Lightbulb'' Pics

Keeping with this sites policy of not posting personal photos of Adam,
I will not be posting the pics until Adam does so himself
It's been said that Adam did not know the paps were there
and therefore was a gross invasion of his privacy.
Thanks for understanding

Back to top Go down
http://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Adam Lambert News : 9th August 2014 :: Comments

No Comment.

Adam Lambert News : 9th August 2014

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Adam Lambert Daily News & Information-
Jump to: