Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lambert News :11th July 2014

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam Lambert News :11th July 2014 Empty
PostAdam Lambert News :11th July 2014

Queen With Adam Lambert in Dallas

Adam Lambert + Queen Rock Dallas Arena on New Tour

Adam Lambert News :11th July 2014 Mtyond10

Luis Gonzalez for Album Confessions wrote:
Last night, thousands packed a sold-out American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas to witness a once-in-a-lifetime spectacle. The legendary Queen, with Brian May, Roger Taylor, and once fronted by the late and great Freddie Mercury, took the stage once again to perform a slew of their hits, including "We Will Rock You" and "Another One Bites the Dust", with the help of Grammy-nominated Adam Lambert, a young artist who did his best at making his idol proud.

Though hitting the stage an hour later than planned, the energy in the venue never did die. Equipped with lasers and disco balls, Queen and Adam Lambert spent most of the two and a half hour show giving early fans the music they grew to love while allowing the new generations to become fans thanks to Lambert's bright and quirky attitude and personality..........read more

Review: Queen + Adam Lambert at AAC in Dallas

Rick Press wrote:
DALLAS Turns out, “Fat-bottomed Girls” really do make the rockin’ world go ’round.

When Queen + Adam Lambert hit the soaring acappella harmonies of that classic and, yes, cheeky song, it jumpstarted a show that began sluggishly (and nearly an hour late) Thursday night at American Airlines Center. And when Lambert, decked out in black leather and biker studs, sunglasses and a killer pompadour, told all us “fat b****es to get on our bikes and ride,” we knew we were in for an irreverent, edgy journey into rock’s past........more on dfw

Queen + Adam Lambert at American Airlines Center, 7/10/14

Eva Raggio wrote:
English band Queen is like a solar system that lost its star. Late singer Freddie Mercury was an icon of showmanship, passion and theatricality, the ultimate performer and arguably the most talented vocalist in rock history.

When you've lost the greatest frontman in all of pop music, Adam Lambert, who took up that role last night in the band's appearance at American Airlines Center, wouldn't initially appear to be a fitting replacement. After all, he earned his fame (ironically after auditioning with "Bohemian Rhapsody") on American Idol. However, like Mercury, he is a countertenor, a young, good-looking gay man, androgynously glam like a Velvet Goldmine character and pleasantly controversiaThe ....more on  The Dallas Observer

Queen + Adam Lambert

Quote :
Thursday July 10th 2014 is a night I will never forget. That night I got to see Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor live for two and a half hours. I also discovered that Adam Lambert has one of the best voices I’ve ever heard, not to mention a really, really good front man. This show exceeded my expectations and I’ll explain why in the paragraphs below.

Going into this show I knew Brian and Roger would be great and they were. They may be in their 60s, but they are by no means going up onstage barely able to move or sustain high amounts of energy. I’ve consumed who knows how many hours of Queen via listening and watching over the years, but I know now what makes Brian and Roger so special. I really can’t describe it, but they have this aura about them that even without Freddie Mercury and John Deacon sharing the stage with them still takes over the arena. When you see them playing live you can feel that magic that helped make Queen, well magical. I can only imagine what the auras of Freddie, John, Brian, and Roger would be like playing on the same stage together. That must be why fans who saw them back in the day have trouble describing what they saw........continue reading

Review Added 14th July

Queen with Adam Lambert Concert Review

Jim Weaver wrote:
Last Thursday I had a chance to see Queen one more time in my life at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX. The question on my mind was how well Adam Lambert would do in the lead vocal role, because let’s face it, no one can ever replace Freddie Mercury.

The answer is simple, he did a great job.

Adam’s vocal register is actually higher than Freddie’s and he doesn’t have that strong rock & roll growl in it that Freddie did, but again finding someone who is well-known and can run up and down the vocal range that Freddie possessed to perform those amazing Queen songs is no easy task. Adam did an admirable job indeed. Lambert also posses a significant flare and showmanship that needs to be a part of a Queen show. Maybe a little over the top at times, but I would frankly rather have a little too much than not enough....... read more onEagle 106.3

Kory’s Re-Cap Of Queen + Adam Lambert Concert @ AAC

Adam Lambert News :11th July 2014 Img_2310

Quote :
I had a BLAST at the Queen concert tonight. Thanks largely to the group’s “new boy” Adam Lambert. Don’t worry, that’s no disrespect…Brian May said that himself tonight after Lambert’s sexy and campy performance of Killer Queen.

While not Freddie Mercury, Lambert brings his own style and interpretation to the iconic catalogue of Queen. The set list was loaded with hits like Killer Queen, We Will Rock You, Another One Bites The Dust, Radio Ga Ga, and in my opinion the single greatest rock and roll composition of all time, Bohemian Rhapsody.

The sold out American Airlines Center hung on the bands every note, and many were drawn to tears when Mercury would join the band from the giant Q shaped screen upstage. The band still rocks, and thanks to Adam Lambert’s youthful energy, attitude, and edginess…will continue to delight throughout their years playing together.

It’s been hinted at by May, but I would love to see Lambert join Queen officially and record some new material, I have no doubt these musicians would produce magic.

© KVIL

MORE VIDEOS ON THESE Youtube channels

Photo credits at Rockimitatesart

Adam Lambert News :11th July 2014 1

Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk
Share this post on: reddit

Adam Lambert News :11th July 2014 :: Comments

No Comment.

Adam Lambert News :11th July 2014

Page 1 of 1