Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lambert News : 15th May 2014

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Adam Lambert News : 15th May 2014 Empty
PostAdam Lambert News : 15th May 2014

Top 100 'American Idol' Hits of All Time

Fred Bronson wrote:
When “American Idol” premiered on Fox-TV on June 11, 2002, it was far from certain that the “Search for a Superstar” the show’s subtitle was going to produce one. Music critics didn’t give the series much credibility and radio did not go out of its way to play songs by “Idol” finalists. The industry should have known better, based on the success of “Pop Idol” in the United Kingdom. The first of that show’s two seasons did produce two superstars, in Will Young and Gareth Gates. Young’s first record, “Anything Is Possible” / “Evergreen,” became the fastest-selling single in U.K. history and is the best-selling single of the 21st century. Gates’ first release, a remake of “Unchained Melody,” debuted at No. 1 on the official U.K. singles chart and was certified double platinum. The stage was set for similar success in America but there was no guarantee.

Adams Rankings

#97 "Mad World" - Adam Lambert
Hot 100 Peak: No. 19 2009

"The theme was year of birth," Lambert says when asked why he performed Tears for Fears’ "Mad World" on "American Idol." "They gave us a list and that song popped out at me and I remembered the Gary Jules version from the movie, ‘Donnie Darko.’ It’s haunting and beautiful and it gets in your head and the words are amazing and I wanted to do it because I knew it would be different and very non-‘Idol’ and not showy. I wanted to pull back and sound really vulnerable and just do the song justice and they came up with a great arrangement of it, kind of this ambient, acoustic thing."

#57 "If I Had You" - Adam Lambert
Hot 100 Peak: No. 30 2010

Lambert says that Swedish writer/producer Max Martin and his team had already started writing this song when they were asked to send more music for the season eight runner-up's first album for 19/RCA. Lambert believes that Martin then wrote some lyrics especially for him, including, "Got the eye liner and the right amount of leather."

#22 "Whataya Want from Me" - Adam Lambert
Hot 100 Peak: No. 10 2010

Max Martin and P!nk wrote the song for the latter to record. She never released it but she did directly pass it along to Lambert, who included it on his first album for 19/RCA. Lambert recognized the song was about a relationship but saw another message in the lyrics, one to the public and the media – "Whataya want from me? I'm doing the best I can."

Adam also got a shout out from Kris Allen
Quote :
#91 "Heartless" - Kris Allen
Hot 100 Peak: No. 16 2009

Asked why he chose to sing this song on "Idol," Allen explains, "Adam Lambert and I would always run ideas by each other and I asked him, ‘What if I did "Heartless" by Kanye?’ and he said, ‘I think it would be genius.’ That gave me the confidence to run with it. And seriously, once I got into it, it was one of the easiest things that I’ve done. I just played it my way and sang it my way."

See the full top 100 list on Billboard

Queen hint at new 2014 tour dates with cryptic Facebook message

Band to return to 'somewhere' for first time in 30 years

Andrew Trendell at Gigwise wrote:

Queen have excited fans around the world by posting a cryptic message that seems to suggest some kind of special show or tour.

The iconic rockers, who are currently gearing up for a massive US arena tour fronted by Adam Lambert, took to Facebook to tease fans with an announcement:

Adam Lambert News : 15th May 2014 Captur27
In the comments beneath, fans began to speculate where they could mean - with many predicting either Australia or Wembley Stadium. However, Australia seems far more likely as they last played there in 1985, while the band played Wembley Stadium for the historic Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert in 1992.........read at source

Caleb Johnson hopes to perform with Queen and Adam Lambert

Adam Lambert is ‘way too hot’ & pretty excited!

Adam Lambert News : 15th May 2014 Screen14
Lisa McGarry wrote:
Adam Lambert has been complaining about the weather in LA today, not that we have much sympathy, because he’s sick of all the sunshine while we’re praying for a few rays here in grey Britain.

The American Idol star is currently working on his third album and rehearsing for his tour with Queen however it seems the heat is sapping all his energy and focus and the incredibly handsome performer tweeted earlier saying:

“its way too hot!! LA wtf?”

We would gladly swap!.........read more on Unreality TV

Adam Lambert News : 15th May 2014 1

Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk
Share this post on: reddit

Adam Lambert News : 15th May 2014 :: Comments

No Comment.

Adam Lambert News : 15th May 2014

Page 1 of 1