Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canadian Promotional Articles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Canadian Promotional Articles  Empty
PostSubject: Canadian Promotional Articles    Canadian Promotional Articles  Empty05.06.12 23:49

Canadian Promotional Articles  Captur23

The Gazette : Adam Lambert erases the borders

'You're more open,' star says of Canada

Canadian Promotional Articles  67297810

Quote :
MONTREAL - When we met Thursday morning, Adam Lambert was in remarkably good spirits.

The flamboyant, glammy pop star, who was the runner-up in the 2009 edition of American Idol, is on a promotional tour talking up his sophomore album, Trespassing. And he says he's really digging the reaction he's been getting in Canada.

Canada has "a different mindset," said Lambert, sitting on the balcony of a swanky suite at the W Hotel. "You're more open. Music audiences here might not get turned off by a couple of things that audiences in the States get caught up in. Like sexuality. Like alternative representation of masculinities. That's a tougher sell in America."

His alternative representation of masculinity sparked much chatter during his Idol run, and shortly after coming in second on the top-rated music-competition TV show, he told a Rolling Stone reporter he was gay. When Trespassing debuted at No. 1 on the American charts a couple of weeks back, there was a lot of talk that this was a major breakthrough, given that he's an openly gay artist............. continue reading

Quote :
LA PRESSE
MONTREAL SATURDAY 2 JUIN 2012
Journalist - Émilie Côté

ADAM LAMBERT

Kindness personified Nice. Honest. Generous. Three adjectives that often do not apply to pop stars, but ideally suited to Adam Lambert. American Idol Season eight finalist has just launched his second album, Trespassing. Adam Lambert has performed at the International de Montgolfières in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and the Festival in Ste-Agathe en Feux last year. He decided to devote two days to promote his album Trespassing in Montreal, because of Quebec's huge fanbase. Whether during his walkabout at MuchMusic, Wednesday, or with the media at the W Hotel on Thursday morning, Adam Lambert is a very nice pop star in an interview. He did not mince his words ''The industry underestimates the public,'' he says. Or: 'artists who say they do not read reviews, it's bullshit!'' While admitting:' Yes, I think of radio when making songs, because I have to think about the business side. ''Before enrolling in American Idol, Adam Lambert performed in musicals. During a year of thinking that led to the Burning Man festival, he decided to take a creative risk and to register to audition to the famous competition. '' I learned a lot from American Idol, he says. I learned about the industry and myself as an artist and human being. Become popular places to test your personality. People say they do not change, but this is not true: you have to adjust (...) but I would not change anything that I've become.
PLUS LIBRE ( FREER )
Adam Lambert felt freer in the creation of his second album that begins with club music with various dance tracks, finishing off with ballads. He had more time to create than for his first album (For Your Entertainment completed in two months in the middle of a tour), but also because he was able to find a ''normal life''. ''I began a wonderful relationship, he adds. All this has given me perspective and allowed me to write longer and be more grounded. ''On its release day, Trespassing reached the top of the Billboard charts. Journalists were then told that this was a first for an openly gay artist. The media has said that Adam Lambert made his coming out after American Idol. '' It's weird, because I've been out of the closet since 18. and 10 years later, it was a hot topic during the auditions of American Idol (...) After the show, in an interview with Rolling Stone journalist, I was talking about a relationship with a guy and she said: So you're gay? I said yes!'' Says Adam Lambert.

For the singer, it was clear to the public that he was homosexual. ''This is what happens when you pass from alternative to mainstream. You must think differently.'' Adam Lambert has worked with major names for his album ( Pharrell Williams, Dr. Luke and Bruno Mars), He wrote the first drafts of lyrics of his songs and he manages his image and glam look. Is it hard to be creative in the world of pop? '' Its negotiations '', he says. The idea behind is to create pop music for a mainstream general public. For me it's a challenge to be an eccentric and flamboyant gay singer, but I'm proof that it is possible (...) The music is very focused right now on making money and being commercial, but the good news is that artists like Adele break the mold.' 'Adam Lambert will depart shortly for Europe to take the place of Freddie Mercury with the Queen musicians. '' We'll do six shows in Eastern Europe and London. I am honored, he said. Then, I will continue promoting and I'll think of my tour scheduled to begin next winter.

La Presse - Montreal
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Emilie Côté - Journalist
translation with GOOGLE TRANSLATE
(thanks to @Teralex42 )

Canadian Promotional Articles  1

Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Canadian Promotional Articles
Page 1 of 1