Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting & Promoting Adam Lambert in the U.K.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charts In France

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Admin
Carol

Charts In France Empty
PostSubject: Charts In France   Charts In France Empty15.12.10 15:31

Quote :

Adam Lambert is this one colorful character that is lacking in the French musical landscape. Being a singer / songwriter, he was joined by renowned artists to produce his first album "For Your Entertainment", with Pink and Max Martin topping the list. He is known in the United States for his participation in the television show "American Idol" in 2008, which also proves inseparable from his look gothic character. But before discussing the form, Adam Lambert responded to our issues: The GlamNation show and how hard it is.

Last month, you came to sing in France for the first time. Are you satisfied with your meeting with the French public? (Jonathan Hamard, journalist)

Adam Lambert: Sure, I'll answer that was fantastic. It was in a tiny room where I could see everyone there. It was like a showcase. I like the atmosphere more subdued although there was still a good atmosphere. The audience was full of energy and that evening was memorable.

It is true that the Trabendo is not the greatest venue in Paris. Do you plan to return soon to sing on a bigger stage?

Yes. If I do not answer, I still can tell you yes, even if I think back another time. It will be later because right now, it is unexpected. If it materializes, it will not be until spring 2011, I think. They'll favor the output bins of a second album for the time prior to the revisit scene.

We do not know you much in France and I do not know if you know our country well. What do you think of France and the French people?

I love France. It has a very interesting culture and history that will take much time to look into. Following from there to say that I would, I do not know. I probably did not have enough time but I must say that I would enjoy it very much, as I appreciate the French public, which gives me a lot of emotions.

Pending the success in France, the title "Whataya Want From Me" was fairly well played. It was written by Pink and Max Martin. I think it's a chance of being offered this piece, for an artist who is getting started.

It's great to receive what I call a gift, especially since it's a song that I like. I think it's a piece in which listeners can gather whether here or elsewhere. Basically, this song was written by Pink to be recorded and included in her latest album. In the end, it wasn't included for certain reasons. In cases of which, it is an honor to be chosen by Pink to sing her song.

It fits you?

Yes. When I first sang it, I was immediately captivated by its text and music that are entirely consistent with my world although it has not been written at the same time as other songs.

Apart from "Whataya Want From Me", there are some songs on your first album "For Your Entertainment" for which you have participated in the songwriting process. Is it important to you?

Yes, it's really important because I think one cannot really feel any text or melody if he is not the writer. It is essential to know what I'm going to sound like and what I will give my words. I also think that I will continue on this path for my next album, to be involved more than ever.

I think this record is somewhat representative of many facets of your personality, or that I'm wrong.

No, you're absolutely right. These are parts of me that can be found on each of the songs that make up this CD. If this is not the case, I mean, if you do not see, I can say in any case I tried to show who I was, like I should introduce myself with this first album.

Favorite tracks?

I do not have because they are all excellent. Seriously, they are on this disc is simply because I love them. I put all these songs on an equal footing. However, the songs "Broken Open" and "Aftermath" touched me, especially because they are really talking about what I feel everyday.

Your style is just like your music: Very electric. Do you grow this difference or is that the person you really are?

If I buy clothes that are expensive, that is because before I was bigger. I could not wear what I wanted. Now that I can, I'm more pleased at all. I put on makeup, I put on some clothes and shoes eccentric. But all that these are trappings and I like that I do not wear them every day, especially when I'm home. It is a part of me that is just simply accentuated, and that means that my appearance is not specially made for cause. Today, it's easier for me to dress like that. This Gothic side, I can more easily take today as it was something really noticed when I was still a student. What I mean by that is that when I put on makeup, it's just to look more beautiful.

Are you aware that this is highly eccentric look directly associated with your homosexuality. So, in France, we know you more for the fact that for your music.

I do not like it to be linked my homosexuality directly because I look so special. It's something that could almost be upsetting. I am from Los Angeles and there, I have never been noted for my looks. There are many other artists who wear makeup and have looks weirder than mine. Yet we do not talk to them about homosexuality. It should not be lumped in between. For example, Marilyn Manson dolled himself up enormously. His gothic look has never been associated with an alleged homosexuality. But there are other examples as far away as David Bowie, Mick Jagger or Prince . We do not bombard questions about it. It becomes boring.

So, you hesitate to answer my next question ... you did your "coming out" after becoming famous. Did the media coverage helped you do it?

It is true that lots had been speculated on my part. Yes, being famous, I had more reasons to admit. At the same time, it was not a very big surprise for my fans, or for my entourage and the media. So why hide it, especially since my texts are evocative enough. After all, it is true that anywhere I go, my homosexuality will resurface. I'd like about me not for my homosexuality, but for my music. Many Americans are gay and we do not talk much even though I admit that my case allows the liberation of certain taboos.

As we conclude, we will talk about your upcoming projects. What are they?

The next project is of course my second album, which I'll start writing soon. But first I need to rest. It was a lot of promotion and touring exhausted me. Before this, I will release an acoustic EP.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions Adam.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down
https://ukglamberts.forumotion.co.uk

Charts In France
Page 1 of 1